TV Show "Medium": Final, Series Finale, Tonight

Yes, it looks like long-suffering Joe might actually get a good night’s sleep after tonight, without Allison waking him up every night with some new scream, jump, crisis, night terror, whatever.

The show was canceled, but according to reports, this final show is a “real” series finale, and not just the last show taped. In other words, there might be some kind of wrap up to the series.

While never a favorite, it was always on our DVR list and we have watched most of the episodes over the years. Thought not consistent, many of the episodes were pretty good but there were quite a few that were not so great.

At any rate, even if you are/were a casual viewer, you might want to tune in tonight to see how they wrap this series up.

Will they let us see what happens in the future? Or will they simply end their day by going to bed and sleeping through the night? Will they all get eaten by wolves? Tune in to find out… **

Get out! I really like this show and would have had no idea tonight is the end if you hadn’t posted. Did they show a coming attraction last week? I have a vague feeling they did (since they usually do) but I’ll be damned if I can remember what it was about. Whatever it was, I did not catch on that tonight is the finale. Thanks for posting; I’ll be sure to watch tonight.

The important question is, will Joe wash his hair?

Worst show on the air, My wife watches every episode and she will be sad but I am very happy it is gone.

Heh, I have enjoyed this show since it’s beginning. I especially like the Dubois family, -all- of them (yes, even that brat Bridgette! LOL) and their family dynamic. I am sad to see it come to an end although imho it probably has gone on a few more years than it should have as the last couple of years the quality hasn’t been there. :frowning: It does sound like, from the bits and pieces I’ve heard and seen, they really are going to give the show a wrap-up. I just wonder how much and how well they can cover it in an hour’s worth of show (about 40 minutes, with the commercials). I would be quite happy with a fairy tale ending, btw. :smiley:

And will Allison finally change her ring tone from the T-Mobile default? Will she learn to pronounce the second “t” in Distric(t) Attorney?

Perhaps in another life.
:slight_smile:

I watched the first couple seasons, didn’t watch for a long time, but have seen it several times this year – will watch tonight. (Yeah, they did mention in last week’s preview of this week that it was the series finale.)

Frankly I was surprised when 1. CBS picked the show up after NBC dropped it and 2. CBS renewed it for a second season after canceling Ghost Whisperer (not that I think GW was better). Guess I’m not psychic afterall.

My G-d, he did!

A favorite show of mine has aired it’s last episode.
m
o
u
s
e
o
v
e
r
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e

Holy crap! Poor Joe! Poor Alison! And since this was a “vsion of the future” episode of course we thought it would all be all right at the end. Fitting in a way, since the show itself “died” but definitely sad.

Dude, there is a thread on this very page about it.

Medium Series Finale

Aww! Okay, I bawled for the last 20 minutes. It did not end in a way I thought it would, but you know what? It ended in an appropriate fashion for Medium. I liked how each member of the Dubois family got a chance to say good bye too, that was nice. And in the end, Joe and Allison were both happy. So there is that. :slight_smile:

Farewell, Medium! I will miss you!

Merged duplicate threads.

:(:(:frowning:

I LOVED this show SO much. I feel almost as bad as when Lost ended.

Now, picking my words here carefully, I was wondering for most of the show if it was indeed all a dream, because frankly…what are the odds that what happened with Joe would actually have happened? Like, what a remarkable coincidence that it should have been Joe DuBois!..I thought the grown Marie turned out very pretty…Ariel looked the same age, but we didn’t see Bridgette grown.

I liked the little final appearances by the cast at the very end.

And…tonight for the first time, don’t know why I didn’t know this in the last several years, but I found out Maria Lark (Bridgette) was adopted by an American single mom. And Maria was born in Siberia! WTH? (and have to say…she doesn’t look Siberian, that is, more Asian than Caucasian).

Anyway. It was a most enjoyable show, often clever and funny, and with pretty good music, too. It was like watching a real family, unlike the ghost whisperer thing with Jennifer Boobs Hewitt.

If only Battlestar Galactica had turned out so well…
:slight_smile:

Ok. Just watched it on demand.

Wipes away tears.
Good good good finale.

I agree. While not a stellar show by any measure, it was enjoyable enough that I watched it fairly regularly. Definitely one of the best series finales I have ever seen. Had to wipe a tear from my eye myself.

I was glad to see what I wrote in my OP was correct - this was indeed a real series finale, and not just some random last episode taped.

In my original OP, I was going to jokingly hint that the writers would copy the ending from a truly great series finale that aired on a premium cable network.
I deleted my reference, as I didn’t want to spoil the finale ending to that series, considering that series is still popular on Netflix.
I’ll be damned - the writers of Medium did steal the concept from that famous series finale!

At any rate, if you are going to steal an idea of how to wrap up a series, at least they stole from the best and it was a nice ending.

Exactly! I almost Named said show!