I call Shot Gun MMP

Yay. I got the MMP this week! I win :smiley:
What are some things you like to win?

I thought you were Central Time. :confused: If so, you are 48 minutes too early…:wink:

But if you are EDT like me, then you posted this at 12:12 AM.

Close enough!!!

So, April, you got plans for this week?

Happy Monday everyone! My day is off to a FANTASTIC start. Not really. It’s starting just about like any other day. Except I ate a bunch of unhealthy stuff for “breakfast” because that’s what the cooks had available. Oh well. One day isn’t going to ruin me.

Just another day out here on the boat. I kind of have a hankerin’ to play harvest moon. I have a few different versions but not sure if I want to do it or not. I have other games I really “should” play since I paid good money for them and all that. Oh welllls.

It is a gorgeously sunny day over here, my office is very hot so I have the window open and the fan running. After a rather busy weekend, I am hoping for a nice quiet week here too.

No great plans for the week, just much the same as usual. Tonight I’ll be sorting out laundry and getting the rubbish ready for collection tomorrow. Tomorrow it’s Fat Club in the evening, Wednesday is pub night, Thursday it’s groceries and Friday will be a night out with one of my friends. She’s booked us a table at her favourite Thai restaurant in town so we’ll meet up after work, have a meal and generally put the world to rights. In reality, that means I’ll end up spending the evening listening to her complaining about a whole raft of stuff, but that’s what happens every time I see her so it’s hardly anything new!

Time to make my second cup of tea of the morning, and find something irk-like to get on with…

Crap. I knew I forgot to do something yesterday.

I’ll be doing laundry today also.

Moring. I like winning at slots.(I went on an 8 hour pub crawl on the Vegas strip, and ended up with more money than I started with. :D)

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 70 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 89 and a promise of a sixty percent chance of rain. We shall see. It did rain last night. We had a tstorm even. I know because I sorta woke up and heard a boom boom. I went right back to sleep so I wasn’t sure if’n I dreamed it or actually heard it but since it’s all wet out I decided I musta heard the boom boom for real.

I’d like to win the lottery. Of course that would mean actually rememberin’ to buy a ticket or two when it’s real big.

I’ve mentioned my church’s ministry called “Food For A Thousand” before. There is an excellent article on it this mornin’ in the local rag, The Albeeeeeny Herald. It was written by someone who actually attends good ol’ St. Pat’s so maybe that’s why it makes sense. :smiley: Anywho, for anyone who’s innerested, here it is.

Now I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy is hongry. Then, alas and alack, 'tis Monday so irk purtification must commence.

Happy Monday Y’all!

Blurf.

I’ll take it as an omen that I woke up to the dulcet sounds of I Don’t Like Mondays by the Boomtown Rats this morning.

I haven’t won too many things in my life, but right now, I’d like to win a big lotto drawing. Buying a ticket would make my chances a little better…

Near as I can remember, there are only 2 things in my life that I won based on my own personal efforts. First was when I was a teen. My dad was active in the Knights of Columbus and his council was having a cake decorating contest. That particular council was also known for a signature little red beanie, so I made a layer cake shaped and decorated (sorta) like the beanie. It was kinda rough, but it won me first prize - a stainless steel cake carrier. I’ve still got it and I’ve used it many, many times for more than 40 years.

The second wasn’t *exactly *a prize. I had been the lead for a small war-game type exercise at work and apparently I done good, because they gave me a nice fat check.

Today I should win a prize for not killing Higgs - once again, she woke me at 4. I did my best to ignore her, and she quieted for a little while, but I still ended up getting out of bed before 6. Stoopit dog. And this was on top of **FCD **waking me at 2:30 by punching my pillow. I don’t know what he was dreaming, but I’m glad it was the pillow and not my head. I asked him to turn over, and he took his pillows and went to the guest room. :confused: So I had a bad night.

It’s raining - a loverly shower - and my gardens are happy. I don’t know how long it’s supposed to last, so I have no idea what we’ll be doing today. No biggie, since there’s no real schedule. The furnace guys are supposed to do our annual service today, but they won’t do it when it’s raining, since they’ve also got to service the a/c compressor. I anticipate a call about rescheduling from them.

So it’s a day of mystery. I’m pretty sure it’s my MIL’s birthday, but **FCD **claims it’s the 8th. I’m pretty sure he’s wrong, but it’s his mother - he can deal with it.

I need caffeine. Happy Soggy Monday from Southern Merrylande!!

As for winning… I won 10 cents on a website a few days ago. I was happy.

Gotta go to school in a few minutes. We’re having a picnic or something.

Is it Friday yet?
I have won a couple of things. I used to spend 2 hrs a day entering on line sweepstakes. I have won the following: I-pod nano, 2 $500 gift certificates, 1 trip to the country music awards in Las Vegas, make up, jewelry, assorted coupons, assorted junk, and 1 CASE of paper towels. Guess which one my husband was most excited about…

If those paper towels had been TP, Swampy would have been delerious…

I like winning in any game I play against Charlie Sheen. Afterwards I make him yell “Whineing!” and then I dunk his head in the toilet.

Party at Midget’s! She’s loaded! :smiley:

Lucky since you said guess, I’ll guess the trip to the CMA in Vegas followed by the jewelry and makeup. Those are my guesses because then your husband would have had somewhere to go and stuff to make him purty for the trip.

What? Y’all can do any better? :stuck_out_tongue:

Morning, all.

Happy Moanday.

I’m still off irk for two more days, but this not being a real full size vacation makes me a little twitchy about going back on Wed. Still, I’m gonna enjoy the rest of my time, even if it entails some work around the house while the wife and kiddies are away. I’m going to replace a couple locks/doorknobs that are almost worn out and are acting up, put in some butternut baseboard that I’ve been procrastinating on (mostly 'cause I have to sand out a part of the base on certain pieces to accommodate slight irregularities in our hardwood floor - it’s fussy work), and put in a new hanging light fixture in the entrance way. Glad I’m not afraid of heights, as this entails standing at the top of a tall ladder, on a split-level landing, and reaching up to the ceiling to access the base of the fixture. I’ll be double-checking that circuit breaker…
As to the OP: the last thing I won that was of any consequence was actually pretty nice - a big flat screen TV (it’s like 50" or so, I think) that I won as part of a sales contest at irk. Put it in the family room downstairs, where the kids promptly took it over. As an added bonus, later that year the company set a policy of issuing 1099’s for any “gifts, prizes, &etc.” so’s the unwashed masses have to pay tax on them, but since I already had my prize, I didn’t get whacked. Nice.
Well, time to grab a bite then start prepping for a shopping trip to the hardware store. Last time I was there with the wife, we got separated (it’s one of the big stores), and the kindly older sales clerk told her to just head to the tool corral, 'cuz like water downhill, all the men eventually drift there.

In fairness, I really did need a new blade for the chop box…
:smiley:

Best wishes everyone, and have a great day!

I like to win everything. I have a bizarrely competitive nature for somebody who hates sports. But nobody wants to play trivia against me. :wink:

I was sick as a dog all weekend. Sinus infection and strep throat. I left work early on Friday to go to the doctor, and when I got home I had a dizzy spell just as I walked in the door. The dog knocked me down in his enthusiasm to see me, and I pretty much burst into tears, because I’m smooth like that. Then when I got up and went into the kitchen to start my medicine routine, one of the cats threw up on my foot. After that, I went to bed.

And when I woke up, I made myself a chicken pot pie in the microwave, stuck my fork in, and ended up with a second-degree burn on my chest from scalding pot-pie goo. I went back to bed. (I did eat the pie first, because I vanquish my enemies.)

Yesterday I felt good enough that I got out of bed and made two skirts because I couldn’t think of anything better to do, then I watched tv and refused to leave the house because it was too hot out and the street fair isn’t that fun, anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

2.99, I say if you want to play Harvest Moon, you play Harvest Moon. My roommate once told me we’d get up and go somewhere as soon as her cow was born. Six hours and a nice nap later, we forgot where we wanted to go. :frowning:

I found a quarter in the cupholder this morning. That’s my only win so far.

Summer hours started here today which is nice because I have Fridays off, but also bad because I work ten hours the other four days.

Of course, I end up being here 9-10 hours each day during the year anyway, so I ought to just shut up and quit whining, right?

I’d like to win the lottery - or is that not the sort of answer you were looking for.