11th Annual SDMB Early Super Bowl Pick Contest

The playoff teams are set, so it’s time for our annual contest – can you predict the Super Bowl a month before the game and join our list of champions?:

Year 1: Trillionaire
Year 2: Uncommon Sense
Year 3: Airman Doors, USAF
Year 4: Grits and Hard Toast
Year 5: Hal Briston (woohoo!)
Year 6: dalej42
Year 7: Justin_Bailey
Year 8: Hamlet
Year 9: Hal Briston (woohoo again!)
Year 10: enalzi

It’s simple to play – just post your pick for the two Super Bowl teams, and the final score. Deadline for submissions will be 4:00pm Eastern on Saturday, January 4th (just before kickoff of the first playoff game).

For this year I’m going to go with a result I’d absolutely hate to see come to fruition:
Chargers 24, Seahawks 20

(And it’s not an absolute requirement, but it’s helpful to me if you format your pick the same way I did above – “Winning team name and score, losing team name and score”, on its own line. Thanks!)

As always, just in case you don’t follow football but still wanna play along, just pick an AFC team, an NFC team, and a couple of numbers that sound vaguely football-scorish.

AFC Teams:
Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

NFC Teams:
Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints

Chiefs 21
Panthers 17

Saints 31, Broncos 30

KC 6
Seattle 0

Huge snow storm… little ball control, no ablilty to kick.

Brrrrrrrrr

Colts 43, Cheating New Orleans Cheating Satans 15. Colts get their revenge for 2009, which they actually won anyway despite the scoreboard (the Cheating New Orleans Cheating Satans cheated, and it doesn’t count if you cheat).

Denver Broncos - 24
Seattle Seahawks - 17

Formatted:

Broncos 24, Seahawks 17

Chargers 27, Panthers 23

It is their density.

Not the result I’m hoping for, but:

Broncos 35, Seahawks 24

(Go Pats!)

Seahawks 20, Broncos 16

It might even be lower-scoring than that, depending on the weather. Going to be really interesting to see how Seattle handles cold weather in the SB. I think their home field advantage is going to be too tough for the rest of the NFC.

Patriots 24, Packers 20

Bengals 24, Seahawks 20 in a blinding blizzard.

Someone watched their team get outplayed and outcoached and is feeling sad!

Chargers 31, Eagles 27

Broncos 42, Panthers 13

49ers 23
Patriots 19

It would be fun to see the Chargers make it, but I don’t expect it.

Seahawks 23, Broncos 17

Broncos 34, Panthers 24

Packers 45
Broncos 42

Pats 38 49ers 21

Broncos 31, Seahawks 20