12th Annual SDMB Early Super Bowl Pick Contest

The playoff teams are set, so it’s time for our annual contest – can you predict the Super Bowl a month before the game and join our list of champions?:

Year 1: Trillionaire
Year 2: Uncommon Sense
Year 3: Airman Doors, USAF
Year 4: Grits and Hard Toast
Year 5: Hal Briston (woohoo!)
Year 6: dalej42
Year 7: Justin_Bailey
Year 8: Hamlet
Year 9: Hal Briston (woohoo again!)
Year 10: enalzi
Year 11: Jahiegel

It’s simple to play – just post your pick for the two Super Bowl teams, and the final score. Deadline for submissions will be 4:00pm Eastern on Saturday, January 3rd (just before kickoff of the first playoff game).

As for my prediction…I’m still another year away from keeping my “win every four years” pattern going. So since I’m going to lose anyway, I might as well take out the two teams I like the least. My prediction:
Packers 27, Patriots 17

PLEASE NOTE: It’s not an absolute requirement, but it’s very helpful to me if you format your pick the same way I did above – “Winning team name and score, losing team name and score”, on its own line. No locations, just the name. Feel free to add any other commentary on a separate line. Thanks!

As always, just in case you don’t follow football but still wanna play along, just pick an AFC team, an NFC team, and a couple of numbers that sound vaguely football-scorish.

AFC Teams:
New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens

NFC Teams:
Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Carolina Panthers, Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions

Patriots 27, Seahawks 21

Patriots 31, Seahawks 20

Arizona Cardinals 17 Denver Broncos 8

**Steelers **24, Cowboys 23

Denver 34 Dallas 31 OT

New England 30 Seattle 27

Patriots 31, Seahawks 24
(noticing that some entrants are not following the format, he wanted Nicknames, not the locations)

Seahawks 24 Patriots 21

And in the OP, are you sure it’s the Baltimore Colts?

Seahawks 24, Patriots 17

Panthers 24, Patriots 17

No, its the Blatimore Colts. :wink:

Dallas Cowboys 31, Denver Broncos 13.

Patriots 30, Cowboys 16.

Green Bay Packers 35 Baltimore Ravens 27

Seahawks 31, Patriots 24

I have no idea what either of you are talking about – it clearly says “Indianapolis”.

Yeeees…my mod powers are finally paying off!

Patriots 31 Packers 24

Which corresponds to (of course):

Broncos 34, Cowboys 31. In the first ever overtime in Superbowl history. Elway hisself comes down to kick the record 67 yard FG

Packers 41 Patriots 38