Late. Sorry.
5.01 The Wars to Come
5.02 The House of Black and White
5.03 High Sparrow
5.04 The Sons of the Harpy
5.05 Kill The Boy
5.06 Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
5.07 The Gift

This is for the discussion of the TV show as its own entity. The books do not exist in this thread. No book comparisons, references, anything.

The current open spoilers thread for discussion of both the books and TV show is here. More of them may open up with a different niche, but that seems to be the main one at the moment.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

That said, I’m disappointed the Faith has to resort to torture to get people to confess. Surely there’s something in their little book that says that’s not kosher.

That was such an awesome episode. How can schmucks like Michael Bay spend a bazillion dollars on their CGI crapfests that end up looking like cartoonish horseshit, while television totally nails it?

Holy shit that fight with Jon and the White Walker! Fuck yeah!

For starters, it helps to have a great composer as opposed to Hans Zimmer on autopilot. Hans can do good work when he sets his mind on it though.

And that speech!

Nobody expects the [del]Spanish Inquisition[/del] Faith.

So Valyrian steel is handy against white walkers. Who else besides Jon and Brienne do we know has a sword? I sure hope Joffrey wasn’t buried with his.

I can’t say I understand what Jorah’s plan is unless it’s “Greyscale for evvvveryoonnnne!!”

My response was “oh, that’s the secret of Valyrian steel–obsidian.”
Amazing episode. I hated that they introduced the female wildling leader and then clichéd the hell out of her (although her getting taken out by zombie kids is the correct way to go if you go that route). Glad our giant friend made it… but was the idea he just swims out to the boat and then grabs on and hitches a ride.

Also really liked Tyrion tutoring Dany. This seems like a good match. I predict Varys will arrive in the season finale.

I think it is as simple as…die in front of her either in battle or by her order. Either way he has her attention.

Jaime also has one. (Tywin had Ned Stark’s sword reforged into two, one each for Joffrey and Jaime.)

That’s the one Brienne has.

I forgot about that.

D&D are probably thinking, “We’re glad you all liked that cause we spent a kajillion dollars on the last 25 minutes.”

…that was a hell of a thing.

That last scene with the white walkers made Tyrion and Dany’s political chat seem very quaint.

There’s also Littlefinger’s Valyrian steel dagger, back in season 1. Not sure who wound up with it, though.

As soon as unnamed leader woman put the kids on the boat, it was painfully obvious that she wasn’t going to make it out of the episode.

Was that the only giant left, like anywhere? If so, he must get awful lonely. Poor fella.

Apparently the show runners either were bad at or never played AD&D. Otherwise, they’d have the wildlings prepare fire based defenses against frost based undead.

Their wooden wall should have been soaked in tar/oil and set on fire at the very least. A layered defense with trenches of fire on both sides of the barriacade would have been nice.

Jorah’s predicament is interesting. He’s got a normally fatal disease, so he doesn’t have much time left. He was lucky to walk out of town with his head still attached—so obviously he [del] goes pretty much anywhere else on the planet to die in peace/look for a cure[/del] sells himself into slavery to fight as a gladiator for a woman that ain’t taking him back. I get not going the snorting blow of hooker’s asses route so as not to spread the creeping crud to innocent whores, but maybe the dude should just crawl into a bottle and die already.

Awesome battle scene at the end. I always like seeing the giants lumber around on screen.

Loved that scene with the Giant stomping on the walker. Gives an appreciation as to why the armor boys call anyone else crunchies.