The SuEPs of the MMP

I’ve got a question for the Mumpers. It seems that frequently, I’ll see people post a response/reply to the topic of the week &/or a comment days later; however, since there’s a new MMP on Monday that Sunday evening posts to the about-to-be-retired MMP are akin to talking to oneself. I’ll sometimes see that Ruble will capture a quote from the old MMP & bring it into the new MMP but don’t really notice others doing that, so it’s time for a non-poll poll about the MMP. Do you read/notice/comment on the last posts of the week? Sometimes I don’t get a chance to post til late on Sun & I feel like it’s mumble, mumble, mumble & why waste the time. So is there a practical time that the old MMP dies before the new one begins or do you read the last posts when you get up on Mon morn before turning to the new MMP?
In other news, I’ve got a @#$%& drinking problem I need to figger out. No not that kind of drinking problem, but the results are the same. Alcohol is a diuretic, it dehydrates you, so that wicked hangover headache one gets from drinking too much booze is really your brain saying, “Hydrate me”. Well if one does a long run, say their longest since sometime last year & doesn’t drink enough water / sports drink, one gets just as dehydrated & ends up with the same hangover headache but without the benefit of the fun of drinking the booze. I drank some during the run & a lot afterwards, but it wasn’t enough & therefore spent a good part of the late afternoon/evening horizontal in bed yesterday with a pounding skull. :mad:

1st! W00T!

And I always read the final late Sunday posts in the old MMP. And sorry about the running dehydration thing. That’s why the only runs I do are beer runs. :smiley:

I try to read the last of the old MMP before starting the new one, just in case something amazing is posted. But how amazing can things be late on Sunday night?? :smiley: Still, I finish the old before starting the new.

Regarding booze, can’t talk to that because I drink so rarely and I don’t know if I’ve ever been drunk - maybe once or twice in the 70s… Seriously, I just don’t get the appeal of the stuff.

Much rain overnight here and we’re promised sun in the afternoon. In fact, no precip again till Thurs, so I won’t have to water the “new grass” for a while. OK, no grass sighted yet, but you have to keep it watered for a couple of weeks to coax the new blades out.

I’ve breakfasted and my lunch is packed. In about 15 minutes, I’ll leave for work. I think I like having a little time in the morning to myself before heading to the office. I may not change my hours after all. We shall see.

Meanwhile, the chocolate bunnies are still intact, awaiting my return this evening. Happy Moanday!!

I had such a good weekend I really don’t want to leave for work. Blurf.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 60 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy with a predicted high of 80 and partly cloudy for the day. Rain is predicted again on Thursday and Firday with a cool down in temps after. We shall see.

Spidey I always read the last of the old MMP before comin’ to the new one. That’s when I unsubscribe from the old one and then subscribe to the new one. Order. One must have order! Or OCD.

OK, that’s all I got. I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands to be fed. Then, alas and alack, ‘tis Moanday so irk purtification must commence. I get to go north and then east today so I shall be on the road most of the day. Oh, and tonight is men’s night over to the church house (postponed from last week due to Holy Week) so I have steaks marinatin’ and beer chillin’. Lookin’ forward to that.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Lemme fix that for you… C D O.

How can one have order if the letters aren’t alphabetized? :confused: :smack: :o

There have been many Moandays that I forgot to look for a new MMP and wondered why no one was posting in the old one.

But I always read the last Sunday night posts because some people put a link to the new MMP in the old one. (not naming names, but…) :smiley:
and, of course, blurf. It’s rainy and dreary here today. :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy Moonday!

It’s dark and chilly outside.

I woke up too early, 3:30am. It felt like something bit me on my belly, but nothing was around and there are no marks of any kind. I’d think it was a dream except it still hurts.
It may be that the nerves are still healing from my surgery.
Or somebody has a voodoo doll of me and keeps sticking a pin in my belly.

Speaking of woo. Earlier I was sitting here (in the dark) at the computer and I heard somebody walk down the hall. I thought I saw Sah-son walk by, but when I looked up to say something there was nobody there and he was in bed asleep.

Today is sign up for the fall semester day. He’s going to have to pick a major, or a course of study, or whatever they call it. Right now he is classified as undecided and is taking courses all willy nilly. The new grant guidelines say it will only pay for classes that are required to get a degree. I think he can pick general studies until he decides on something else, and so far everything he’s taking is required for just about everything anyway.
He needs to call the college, or maybe we both do. I keep getting emails from the gov saying the fafsa needs to be signed by both of us, yet we both did sign it, and when we bring it up online it says it’s finished and has been sent to the school. If the school has it and it’s complete, then we know we’re done.

Can you believe I got an email from the mortgage company at 11pm on Sunday asking me to sign a form and send a few more documents? Weird to me to get business correspondence on a Sunday night.

I always read the previous MMP before posting in the new one.
Not that I’ve been retaining much lately.

My cousin posted on FB that my aunt is not doing well.

Blurf.

I take the lazy man’s way, whatever scrolls first (usually the new MMP) I read, then go on to the other one, in case anyone responded to whatever words of wisdom I left on Sunday.

Nice weather (up to 70F today) with rain holding off until Thursday-Firday according to Weather Underground.

Need to compile my ‘start of the month’ shopping list–1st thing to add is toilet paper, I am not in crisis mode…yet…but supplies are at critical levels. Everything else can be added later.

And with my branch chief and a couple of colleagues gone to Body of Christi, Texas* for meetings, I’m acting chief again. Oh joy.

• Corpus Christi is Latin for Body of Christ

Good grief, man, are you trying to cause **swampy **a major case of the vapors??? If you’re going to remain a Mumper in good standing, you must never permit your TP supply to fall below a spare 12-pack, and even that’s pushing it!!
:smiley:
It was drizzly on my way in, but I think the rain is about done. I am soooooo tempted to yank out the stinky air freshener that my office mate has plugged in. I so hate artificial scents.

Blurf.

The VunderKind and FDil have completely moved into their house. I’m sorta jealous, because I’ve owned 2 different properties and come out on the losing end of the business deal both times (which means I’m renting now), but my rugrat is 28 and has a mortgage and the means to settle it early.

QUOTE=The Stainless Steel Rat;19214690]And with my branch chief and a couple of colleagues gone to Body of Christi, Texas* for meetings, I’m acting chief again. Oh joy.
[/QUOTE]

MetalMouse, with all of the government (especially USSS) scandals of consorting with Doggio’s favorite type of women - those of [del]questionable[/del] no repute, it really sounds like a movie title, especially if Christi writes the “dot” as a little smiley face on the second i. :dubious:

Mooommm, relax. Any Mumper in goof standing knows that critical levels is on 20 rolls left. :stuck_out_tongue:
Speaking of Swampy, shame on you! Not wishing everyone a Happy Cheep Chawklit Day! Go stand in the naughty corner!
Yestidy’s rehydration included ONE of these liquid chocolate beerverages.

I still have the MSR (Minimum Sanitary Requirements) FCM; but the rolls are in the main bathroom and the empty is in the spare bathroom and I haven’t had the gumption to move it from one to another. I prefer to have 12-24 rolls in each spot.

Forget to delete one little “i” and everybody’s a comic…

Spidey, I referee youth soccer, not bad at this time of the year, but in August it’s well over 90F and I’ve on occassion forgot to bring water with me. Does not end well.

Albeit the hottest I ever think I got was changing my car tire…in Abu Dhabi…out in the desert with no shade…in 115F heat…and no water in the car. A friend on the same road stopped just as I finished and offered me a 2-liter bottle of water; I never knew you could drink that much water in one try…

When I started at The Jungle, I sweated like a pig and got dehydration headaches a fair bit so you have my sympathy. What worked for me was plain old Bayer aspirin. Tylonol <sic?> failed but the old cure did pretty well.

On the Sunday thing — as noted Monday morning I almost always go check for late posts Sunday before finding the new one. I am a little less likely to throw in a joke response, copy and paste one to the new MMP, but too often people have made important posts late and while I will never admit it again I actually like and care about all of you. I find you all very interesting and I’m curious about what you had to say after I logged out. I didn’t invent the habit - back when I first stumbled my way in here someone would do that rather than post to the Old Thread a lot. Forget exactly who.

Speaking of which:

It better be at least in part if they expect to work in MY fields. :stuck_out_tongue:

And you call yourself a Sailor? :dubious:

In for a penny, in for a pound, I suppose;

Driving update at one week out! I managed once again (that’s twice total, for all y’all keeping track at home) to make it all the way to work without stalling out. I do pretty well in the mornings, and fairly well on back roads (read: utterly deserted), but I still get skittish as a cat in a rocking-chair factory when anyone’s around me, especially when they’re behind me at a light.

I drove it last night to Easter Dinner with friends, and stalled out once on the way there, and four times on the way back, so being tired is definitely a factor. Everyone says I’m doing well - I’m just waiting for the day when seeing a traffic light turn yellow doesn’t make me feel like someone punched me in the gut.

Belated hugs to Emily - and hoping you get some results or answers soon, as well as feeling better. :frowning:

ETA - in my memory, High Holy Days were the occasion for fire-and-brimstone preaching, interminable altar calls, and pleas for people to give time/money because those were the few days in the year that just about the whole congregation actually, y’know, congregated.

Lunch time!!!

Got some stuff done this morning, including a trip to the shop to do some measurements. Boss has headed out somewhere for a meeting - hope he’s not gone too long because I’m out of work again…

ooops - he just came by and dropped of some fixes on the work I just did, so there’s that. Now - back to lunch!

liquid chocolate beerverages. Ruble, iffn you come across one pounce on it!

Sorry, got distracted on failing the security audit, more on that later…

Can’t say I check things out as much as I should. Life & work have been crazy busy.

Howdy all! Just back from a Building Energy Manager’s meeting. Why on Earth they schedule that for a Monday morning I will never know. I was not the only one bitching
about it.

The Air Show is this weekend. I will be so glad when it is over. The Clydesdale’s will be here on this post on Thursday at the Navy Exchange and I got permission from my boss to close the office for a half hour so we can all go together to see them up close and personal.