The SuEPs of the MMP

what a crummy Monday morning.

**Tugig **- how dare you have life apart from us!!! You must think you’re all that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Just finished fixing up several drawings. Off to find the boss now.

Happy Dyngus Day!

(Śmigus-dyngus - Wikipedia )

Where I grew up, Dyngus Day was when you tended to cut loose after the Lenten sacrifices and usually imbibe. It was also the unofficial kick-off to the political primary season at the Polish American Club and the county Democratic organization, which was another reason to drink. :smiley:

Since I check the threads that I’ve posted in when I log in, the old MMP is always first. Then I go to MPSIMS for the new one.

Just got a call from my sister. Her godfather, our Uncle Mike, died this morning. He was in his mid-90s, and he hadn’t been well for some time. Sadly, he and his daughters were on the outs for the last year or so - the girls blamed the woman who was living with him. My uncle wasn’t the most tolerant man in the world, but he was big on family, so we’re inclined to think it was a combination of mild dementia and the woman’s influence that caused the split.

I think it’s been at least 2 years since I saw him last, and he wasn’t doing all that well back then. He’d been hospitalized within recent weeks and we knew he didn’t have much longer.

I have to say I’m relieved for my one cousin - she dealt with him much more than her sister who lived 1000 miles away. She can stop fretting over the woman manipulating her father and she’ll no longer have to listen to him berate her on the phone. I hope we can all dwell on the fun-loving man who was a great dancer and had a goofy sense of humor. He’d been widowed for almost 25 years, and in the end, I think he was just tired.

RIP Uncle Mike…

I just got a call from my mother, my aunt died this morning.

Hugs, cookies, etc. to all as needed/wanted.

Butters, I lived in the St. Louis area so I got to see the Clydesdales at Grant’s Farm on a regular basis. Not quite like the commercials at the Super Bowl, but they are big Hosses, that’s for sure.

{{{FCM}}}. I had a similar situation when my Mom’s father (Grandpa) passed away from cancer. His second wife (Mom’s step-mother) had pretty well alienated all four of his children (which was a tough thing to do, as they usually were feuding with one another), and while my mom would continue to go over there, she didn’t take my brother or I (we were in our teens), letting us have the memory of a more vital man and nicer times with our Grandpa.

Death somehow brings out the best and the worst in people, doesn’t it?

ETA: Just saw it, {{{Sari}}}

Howdy Y’all. Irk and Moanday have been survived. YAY! In a little while I shall head over to the church house to begin prep for men’s night. Other than that nothin’ newsworthy to report.

{{{MOOOOOOM and Sari}}} so sorry for the lost of your uncle and aunt respectively. May they RIP. I have two survivin’ uncles (one on each side) and no survivin’ aunts.

MOOOMMMM and SARI My condolences on the loss of your uncle and aunt.

swampy, you got me to thinking - I’ve only got one uncle still alive - my mother’s only living brother. Mom and Uncle Bob are the last of that generation. We’re next… :eek: Sobering thought. My husband still has 6 aunts and 1 uncle living, as well as his parents, ranging in age from early 70s to early 90s.

{{{sari}}}

I’m not going to be able to go to Uncle Mike’s funeral unless it’s on Saturday. I wish I could be there for my cousin, but I’m still too new in this job and it’ll be in Baltimore, so it’d be an all-day commitment on my part. At least I can send flowers or something.

big {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}} to everyone

Bulldog Woot! Congrats on sticking with it. You’ll get there.

ButttesClydesdales! I am jealous. I have seen them, but it’s been years. One of my interests is horses, and I think preservation of the older breeds is an awesome thing. :slight_smile:

{{{Moooom and Sari}}} Condolences on your losses.
On to the topic of the week: I try to read the last bits of the Sunday thread. Heck, I’m often still awake and debating whether to go ahead and start the new thread. I don’t always get to it though. Now I feel vaguely guilty about all of those orphan posts…
Easter was interesting. After much angst over why we weren’t leaving yet (not from me, I was driving), we got underway. 2 hour drive, and we’re at my sister’s house. Around 2:30ish. I think the general expectation was a meal at 3 or so. I think my BiL started cooking when we got there, so we ate 6:30 or so. Lots of food. A good meal.

My dad pulled me and my sister aside to tell us that he has moderate kidney failure. He’s an unrepentant Type 2 diabetic. So we had a long talk about more exercise, losing weight, stopping the disease. He was very on board with all of it. I felt cautiously optimistic. Then as we’re leaving he insisted on taking the entire cake with him. 1) So rude, makes me nuts, and 2) This is why he is diabetic. I stewed about it all night. Not sure what I’ll end up doing. The exercise plan and diet stuff is all supposed to come from me, but I’m not sure it will make any difference at all. I think it will just feel like banging my head against a wall.

Quiet Monday here. Happy week everyone!

Just saw this. I wore earplugs! My DH got me some that musicians use. You can hear people talking but the shrieking kids are bearable. (Eh - they’re kids, let them run amuck on Easter. It’s nice to see them have fun.)

OK, that’s enough dying for one week!

I’m trying to avoid death myself, but my heart isn’t being a fully willing participant. The results of the two-week monitor should be in any day now, so on Friday, I’m off to the cardiologist to put all the puzzle pieces together and see what’s up. Probably a referral to a cardiac electrician for more sophisticated (and invasive) tests to see what’s misfiring.

On the DH front, we’re off to the big city on Wednesday to start treatment with the new drug. We’re into research and development level stuff here, but a journal article published 11 days ago shows promising results.

Blinatumomab! Accept no substitutes! Ask for it by name!

**Sunny **- the youngest at my family gathering was 25. Nope, no kids, just LOUD, somewhat inebriated, so-called adults. Not to name names, but one of my sisters is especially, um, vocal… **BBBobbio **has met her. :smiley:

Supper tonight is the last of the leftover lasagne. I just don’t feel like cooking.

They are treating him with a dead Egyptian Pharaoh? :cool::stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, best hopes that it works as promised. You stay healthy too.

DM showed up, so work went into extra innings. But that’s either extra OT, or early days off, so there’s that.

I have CDO. Heck, even my junk drawer is organized. :smiley:

[

MetalMouse, with all of the government (especially USSS) scandals of consorting with Doggio’s favorite type of women - those of [del]questionable[/del] no repute, it really sounds like a movie title, especially if Christi writes the “dot” as a little smiley face on the second i. :dubious:

[/QUOTE]

Pimp: Body of Christi
John: Amen!
:D;)

{{{{sari}}}}

{{{{Moooommmm}}}}

I’ll join you in that. Being an Uncle Mike and having had a terrific Uncle Mike, I’ll raise a toast to the brotherhood we all shared.

{{{{{Sari}}}}}

My condolences to Mooooom, and sari.

Howdy Y’all! Home from men’s night over to the church house. We had a bigger than usual crowd so da bear scrambled to find some extra steak knives. I suggested we dispense of a few bucks and buy some more steak knives bein’ as things have a tendency to disappear over time. A good time was had by all.

gotti appropriate/inappropriate appendages crossed for DH and you.

I shall now go scope out a couple things on teh intartoobz and then it’s nite nite time. I’s tahrd and OYKW has already flopped down on the bed.

Nitey Nite Y’all!