Game of Thrones 6.03 "Oathbreaker" 5/8/2016 [Show discussion]

6.01 The Red Woman
6.02 Home

The books do not exist in this thread.

This is the thread for open discussion about the books and show.

One thing I’d like to suggest - if something comes from the previews or future episode descriptions, it would be appreciated if you spoiler boxed it. Those things are put together by marketing people, and not the writers, and can give away things we’d rather know when the writer/editor wanted to, not the marketing team.

The final episode of season four, where Tyrion memorably confronts his father, was aired on Father’s Day. I wonder if there will be any mother-related events (or revelations) in tonight’s episode.

There was that cryptic conversation of the sparrow with the king.

Oh no, Shaggydog :frowning:

Who was the guy that was with Ned in the tower of joy flashback?

Also, could bran have the power to change the past?! I think that was just a tease…

I’m thinking Ramsay is going to torture that stark kid, we’ll get some many scenes of violence, then second to last episode Jon storms winterfell >> my best guess so far

Well, that’s three direwolves down. Shit.

Speculation that Jon would leave the Watch seems correct. I imagine he’ll find out about Rickon and head to Winterfell.

Which guy? One of his companions was Howland Reed, Meera and Jojen’s father. The two opponents were Kingsguard. One was Arthur Dayne. The rest were not named.

I have no interest in seeing or even hearing about Rickon getting tortured by Ramsay.

No idea what role arya is going to play in the larger story so far…

Me neither, the torture scenes is something I absolute hate about this show

Who was the guy that finally killed Arthur (back stabbed)?

Howland Reed.

It’s funny, young Eddard is supposed to be Sean Bean 17 years before season 1.

Is the oathbreaker in the title supposed to be Jon? cause that’s kinda bullshit, the oath is very specific about ending when you die.

He’s not dead. I think his own father would behead him if he were still alive.

I don’t know how many of you were aware of the existence of the subreddit Fuck Olly, but they are positively giddy right now. :smiley:

Well, it’s a catchier title than “oath that is no longer valid.” I did think the episode was going to be Jaime heavy.

Theoretically if you revive someone through CPR or an aed or whatever, are they no longer bound by the oath?

I was glad to see Max von Sydow reprising his role as the Ghost of Christmas Past. I love Max von Sydow.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

He died. That he was brought back from the dead is irrelevant.

Sure, if he wants to get off on a technicality. But it certainly violated the spirit of the law. I noticed that the show titles typically refer to more than one thing. For example, in “The Gift”, the gift referred to Tyrion for Dany from Mormont as well as Lancel for Olenna from Little Finger. In this case, it refers not only to John, but also to the Umber guy, who is pledging support to Ramsay when he knows that a Rickon Stark, the rightful Lord, is still alive.

Not quite, Lord Bolton was the rightful lord. That was the King’s word, the north would certainly prefer a Stark but that doesn’t make them the rightful lords.