Game of Thrones 6.03 "Oathbreaker" 5/8/2016 [Show discussion]

I don’t know if I’d say that anymore. Of the houses we know of Bolton, Karstark, and Umber are in it together. Mormont, and probably Reed, would prefer the Starks. We’re unsure of the Manderlys. One of them was at the Red Wedding though, so perhaps they hate the Boltons.

Magnificent, maybe they can all turn to getting rid of Ramsay next?

The Oathbreaker is Roose Bolton.

Ha ha, Cersei still not as smart as she thinks she is.

Jon left alone. Very disgusted with everyone and everything. Do you think Davos, the Red Woman or any of the wildlings will follow?

That Umber guy was funny as hell. But poor Rickon. I hope Ramsay tries his dirty tricks on Osha and she bites his dick off.

Also, did Arya leave a name off her list? It did seem rather short. And did getting her sight back mean she is a girl? Jaquin did say she should have no fear is she is no one.

Your father was a cunt, lol.

Man of a few words, Bran’s timeline thing. I remember him hearing his father say that he looked for lord Dayne at the trident, so I take it the mad king has already been overthrown. So the next thing I imagine we will see is young Jon Snow , being Lyanna’s kid with the mad king.

Declan

I think Arya left off Ilyn Paine (sp?), Ned’s executioner. IIRC the actor got cancer so they wrote the character out of the show.

Also Merryn Trant (sp?) who killed her dancing master, but she crossed him off herself.

i think Joffrey was on the list too before he died?

I was a little surprised they openly called it Sir Gregor. Thought they were keeping kayfabe on who or what that thing is…

This back from the dead ploy is looking stupid IMO but the hanging was well done, I thought. I was afraid Jon would forgive the traitors.

Arya’s story got more interesting again.

The theory is that Jon’s father was Rhaegar Targaryen, the Mad King’s son and heir.

I was very happy that Olly had a short drop noose, though maybe long drop wasn’t invented yet.

Does this mean that Ned is a bullshitter? Because the conversation was that he took credit, right?

I didn’t catch all of the Umber conversation, but sounds like Greatjon “the meat is bloody tough” Umber is dead? Did we see that happen, I don’t think so.

The people left off of Arya’s list are mostly all dead, except Payne who I forgot about. Not sure how fast news travels and if there is someone dead that Arya may not have heard of in another continent. Like I’m sure she knows Joffrey is dead, but minor guys who she didn’t have a hand in maybe not.

My favorite exchange was the opening scene-

Davos: “You were dead, and now you’re not. That’s completely fucking mad, seems to me. I can only imagine how it seems to you”.
Jon: “I did what I thought was right, and I got murdered for it. Now I’m back. Why?”
Davis: “I don’t know. Maybe we’ll never know. What does it matter? You go on, and you fight for as long as you can, you clean up as much of this shit as you can.”
Jon: “I don’t know how to do that. I thought I did. I failed.”
Davos: “Good. Now go fail again.”

Ser Davos Seaworth, Onion Knight, Hand of the King, Life Coach

I really like what they did with the Thorne character. They could’ve made him a coward, or made him too evil, but instead they created a very believable stubborn hardass who never betrayed his character and went out with a rebuke and his head held high. It was a fitting end.

Nice shout-out to a previous episode- Ser Arthur Dayne: “I wish you luck in the wars to come.” Very prophetic.

And a couple of great lines-
“I’m not a god.” “I know that. I saw your pecker. What kind of god would have a pecker that small.”

and “A wise man once said the true history of the world is a history of great conversations, in elegant rooms.” “Who said this?” “Me. Just now.”

Snow is the mad kings Grandson.

Cersie and Jaimie and the Mountain left at the table cracked me the hell up. They both honestly thought they were just going to walk in and take over the conversation.

I suspected that the Blindness was a part of the training, I did not expect Arya to get her sight back so quickly though. Regarding her list I wonder if the other girl who has no name expected to be on the list.

WTF is Jon Snow going to do now? I am honestly confused about him just waltzing off into the sunset like that. I expect Sir Davos will bring him to his senses. He is still needed for narrative purposes at the wall or at least in the north.

What is Tyrion up to with the message he intends to send I wonder.

Might be wishful thinking on my part but didn’t the dog’s head seem a bit small to be Shaggydogs? Gray Wind’s head was much bigger. Hoping it’s one of Ramsays dogs having just finished their delicious Walda n’ Baby brand dog food and that the Umbers are plotting to get rid of the Boltons, possibly explaining why Smalljon wouldn’t bend the knee to Ramsay. Greatjon’s supposed demise could factor into this, we haven’t heard anything to suggest he was dead.

Getting a bit bored with the ten minute Arya gets the shit beat out of her with sticks segment.

Also, who the hell stripped Jon of the loincloth he had on last week? My money’s on Tormund.

RIP Shaggydog. :frowning:

He totally looked the part, although his voice didn’t sound right to me.

I agree with the poster who said it’s supposed to refer to Roose Bolton, due to that conversation about how he bent the knee for Robb Stark.

Nah, Reddit loves Ramsay. Behold, /r/Dreadfort (I do like their tagline: “Don’t hate the flayer, hate the game”). But it does seem like the hypothesized Snow Bowl is likely to happen now, with Jon walking off like that as Rickon shows up at Winterfell.

wierd thingto say to someone you are about to kill. Was he talking about some sort of Valhalla?

And if Cercei had balls she’d be the King.

Yeah WTF. Was that supposed to be in honor of Mother’s Day?

“That’s funny…are you sure it’s still ‘you’ in there?”

A scene in which the traitors who murdered their lord commander are hanged by the same man is certainly novel.

I think Rickon torture at the hands of Ramsay is very unlikely. I’m convinced that the Umbers and Karstarks are setting Ramsay up for some sort of Red Wedding-like betrayal. No evidence for this, but feels right to me. The North remembers.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk