Ask the heterosexual virgin!

Sanibelman: what sensitive issues have your parents come to you for advice on?

Sanibelman: what sensitive issues have your parents come to you for advice on?

Ok, this is driving me out of my mind so I have to ask. I am normally no where near this humbled - I know this reference. I have read this, I swear to god! I’ve been wracking my brains the last couple days trying to figure out what this is from and I can’t remember! It feels Pratchettesque - but I don’t think its Pratchett. Please tell me!!!

Argh its horrible. Not Heller. Not Ellison. Not (god forbid it but I examined the possiblity) Adams. Someone of deep genius, I know that…but I can’t remember who. Save my soul!

Hemingway
*The Sun Also Rises[\i]

You were certainly on target about the deep genius part.

Hmmm… questions, questions…

What’s your favorite color?

Do you like spicy food?

If there were only one hundred human beings left alive on Ear–…?

Oh, questions about being a hetero virgin? But I already know what that’s like!

I was born with the Moon in Pisces!!
Leave me alone!!
SOB!!

Thanks, I actually did manage to remember it on my own though. I was reading Jerome K. Jerome’s Diary of a Pilgramage (highly recommended, but its not as good as Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow by the same - almost all his work is available free through project Guttenburg), one passage reminded me of Sun Also Rises, which reminded me of the character (was his name Bill? The narrator’s only friend that wasn’t worthless.) which of course reminded me of the line. Funny how the mind works.