Ben & Jerry's is going to kill me.

It’s really not that hard. Think about it, even if there was no air at all in it, and it melted completely, it’s really just a pint of milk with some sugar in it. 16oz. I’ve seen more than one person pound down a few milk-drinks in pint glasses at the bar with no problem.

Ok, it’s heavy cream and a lot of sugar, but it’s not really that much.

It becomes a guilt thing, rather than a “stuffed” thing when you realize you’ve just scooped the last spoonful into your mouth, and the only way to get more is to tear the carton and begin licking! :smiley:

After which Apu insisted you buy it, right?

Don’t forget- April 17th is Free Cone Day!

Oh, those bastards at B&J suck! They made me aware that there was such a thing as the Country Peach Cobbler flavor and I got all jonesin’ for it and went to Safeway, which DIDN’T CARRY IT! So I had to make do with some Haagen Dasz White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle and it was soooo gooood I ate it all up. Then a few days later I was in Albertsons, and THOSE bastards had the peach stuff and I just HAD to get some and it was INCREDIBLE and I ate it all up so after probably eight months completely devoid of ANY ice cream binging WHATSOEVER they made me eat TWO pints in a week and they suck!

It was NOT my fault, dammit! They MADE me do it! BASTARDS!
April 17th, you say… DAMMIT!

When I was younger and Ben & Jerry’s had first come out my mother would buy a pint for each of us as a treat. We would then proceed to each eat our entire pint. It took me a few years to realize that not everyone did this and that yes, I could only eat half and then save the rest for later. I blame my young age, speedy metabolism, Reverse Chocolate Chunk and Heath Bar Crunch.

For me, the big ick factor is the richness of it. Not the guilt. I’d actually start to feel sick if I ate more than about 1/3 of a container. And I do loves me some Ben & Jerry’s. (Or any other good ice-cream–have you tried the Godiva Belgian Dark Chocolate ice cream?)

My local “Farmer’s Foods” grocery store has a RichFood brand Heavenly Hash that I find irresistable, and apparently many others do too because it’s always sold out.

Has Ben & Jerry’s put Willie Nelson’s Country Peach Cobbler back on shelves after recalling it for not listing wheat as an ingredient?

How many calories in a pint of B&J C.B.?

EDIT: Answered by own question by clicking the link. :smack: 1240 calories, not actually as bad as I would have thought. There are some burritos around here at the local lunch spots that are easily that if not more.

PORK AWAY!
/Kryten

310 calories in 1/2 cup
4 servings per container
total=1240 calories

Mmmmm…Brownie Batter.

I’m DYING to try Dublin Mudslide, too.

Best. Ice cream. Ever.

Seriously. It’s perfect for chocolate fans - it’s a dark chocolate ice cream, meaning that it’s more chocolate-y, less sweet.

At least it’s Passover, so I’m safe from any possible temptation to run out and buy ice cream at the moment. The worst I can do is binge on chocolate macaroons, which… actually… are worse for you than ice cream. Dang.

WTF is wrong with you? Is it some kind of defective, recessive gene that makes you unable to finish even a measly pint in one sitting? I don’t get it.

Y’know, I was way too busy digging my spoon into that carton to notice whether or not they listed wheat in the ingredients! Is it really wrong of me to wish they’d just discount the mislabelled ones to like a buck a pint and sell them all to me? Shoot, I’d probably be okay with it if they forgot to list CYANIDE as an ingredient–it’s just that yummy… :smack:

It’s frightfully easy. It tastes so good and it melts in your mouth (duh). It’s really the most temptingly deliciously evilly eatable food in the world. Maybe you just don’t like ice cream as much as the rest of us. I’ve seen my fiance eat a pint of B&J’s ice cream in like 15 minutes, could have downed another one right afterwards, if we’d had one. He’s thin, too.

When it comes to ice cream, probably. I have to seriously rein myself in because I’m lactose intolerant and trying not to be a total fat ass, but I can’t imagine being put off ice cream forever, even AFTER it makes me ill. Eating a pint of it would be no problem.

To the OP-- why oh why did you have to tell me about this flavor? Because creme brulee is my favorite dessert, and I think I’ve established my feelings about ice cream… Damn you!

I’m sorry, Rubystreak. I simply had to share the so-called pain. Creme brulee is my favorite dessert too, and I love ice cream, and well…

The pint didn’t make it to tomorrow. How do I know this? Because I eated it all. A full 3/4 of a pint of ice cream, and I thought I wouldn’t even touch it tonight. As of tonight, that stuff’s not allowed back in my house!

My belly fills a tidge overfull, it’s true, but I enjoyed it enough to just eat it. And to NEVER BUY IT AGAIN!

See, the problem is, you all are eating the ice cream IN ADDITION to other foods. Wrong!

A pint of B&J should be your full day’s intake. Have about 1/4 as breakfast, another as lunch, a bit more for dinner, and then kill the sucker in front of the tv that night.

1600 calories for a day ain’t so bad. :smiley:
Okay, if you insist, you can have a multi-vitamin pill as midmorning snack. Yes, it’s not a healthy way to eat, but assuming we are talking people who eat ‘normal’ western diets the rest of the time, a day of basically fat & sugar really doesn’t matter.

This has just made me realize that I pay for a drug that serves no other function than to allow me to overeat ice cream. (I don’t drink milk. I’m not lactose intolerant enough for cheese and yogurt to be a problem. I have lactaid solely for ice cream and cheese cake - things that have, at best, questionable nutritional value). There’s something wrong about that.

Ya think? I’m not seeing it. :wink:

I sometimes buy a pint of B&J for lunch. Particularly when my morning ain’t gone so good. Someone saw me take the lid off and put it in the garbage.

Him: “Shouldn’t you save that?”
Me, genuinely puzzled “Why?”
Him: “In case you want to save some for later”
Me: “Do you know who you are taking to?”

Speaking of B&J does anyone else love their Banana Split? Strawberry and banana ice creams mixed with chocolate sauce and walnuts.