Dating at 44: something different, not something more.

Hmm. Looking at Habitat for Humanity’s website and the Wikipedia article, it’s not as bad as I thought: they’re basically selling cheaper houses, rather than giving away free ones. And they say that they do not require volunteers to be Christian. But they do talk about putting Christian principles into action and the “theology of the hammer”.

Recipients of houses must put in a lot of their own work into the houses; they are evaluated for ability to pay a mortgage as well. The local ‘affiliate’ organisation select which families will receive houses. Perhaps I mis-heard an echo of how one affiliate selected families.

It sounds like a good idea, but executed very conservatively.

LavaLife has an “Intimate” section intended for hookups, but I’ve never used it.

You can fairly easily use the regular ones for that, particularly craigslist.

Good luck. As a woman at 44, I’m either (A) attracting 24 year olds - in which I have no interest whatsoever, (B) older men of 55+ - while the age factor is not an issue, the fact that a good percentage of them are divorced at least once with enough baggage to stock a Hermes boutique or (C) totally invisible to the rest of the male population

Thank God for NetFlix & a good book. :smiley:

VCNJ~