Game of Thrones 6.02 "Home" 5/1/16 [Show discussion]

Oh I doubt that. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that Theon just happened to decide he was going home right when everything at home turns to shit. He’ll probably have a few things to say at that Moot. My favorite part of the episode was little Ned and little Benjen and omg Willis!

It doesn’t matter what happens to him since he has something like a dozen children, half of which are sons. I think if he is killed, his sons will still seek revenge for the death of their kin, both Walda and Walder. The only way Ramsay gets away with it with regard to the Freys is if he convinces them that Roose’s enemies did it.

I am so sick of these episodes where nothing happens! Seriously, Balon Greyjoy and Roose Bolton murdered, Jon Snow brought back from the dead, Alliser and the traitors imprisoned and The Wall retaken. This show is so fucking boring. It was just a bunch of talking and then some people got stabbed and then an earlier stabbing didn’t take. Who the hell cares?

Seriously though, great episode, though I wasn’t thrilled about Balon getting killed by brother ex machina. I guess his cock blood leech death has been a long time coming, but it would have been nice if we actually knew he had a forty years younger brother kicking around. Though I suppose it could have been a faceless man. His sudden appearance seemed extremely fishy.

House Bolton is in for some dire straits with Ramsey at the helm. He may know basic tactics, but he doesn’t play the long game like Roose did. He’ll burn all his bridges and go down fighting like a cornered dog, but he’ll go down sooner or later.

Can’t wait for the next episode.

Were we supposed to know the guy who pushed Balon Greyjoy over the bridge, and why? I missed their little chat before it happened. Also missed the explanation by Theon on why he wasn’t going to accompany Sansa, if someone can summarize for me.

I think it was a bit irresponsible for Tyrion to trust his own judgment when walking into the dragons’ den. And for Varys to let him. And where the heck is Littlefinger?

Why wasn’t it obvious to Asha that her uncle killed her father, since it seems to have happened just after he left her? Wouldn’t the uncle’s presence have been noted by guards if no one else?

They addressed each other as “brother.” So I infer that it was (one of) Balon’s brother(s).

Okay, I absolutely could not help saying the following lines, at the appropriate points:

“I’ve seen woise!”

“He’s only mostly dead. Now, mostly dead is a little bit alive.”

maybe the rickety bridge was a tribute to Python’s holy grail. :slight_smile: That’s what it reminded me of.

Basically because she doesn’t need him anymore and if he goes to the wall he would have to take the black or be punished for his crimes and that wouldn’t help him make up for all he did.

He said he was his brother. And why? He said he was in his way. Whoever they cast in the role of the killer looked like he could have a family resemblance to Theon.

What if it wasn’t the Red Woman who brought Jon back? Maybe it was a coincidence, and now he is a wight.

I thought for a second there we were going to witness the demise of Jamie Lanister.
" Oh crap, they’re going to kill Jamie. Oh well, his story arc has kind of ended anyways. Oh hey, they’re going to let him live."

Pretty sloppy Kingsguarding for him to let a dozen armed religious fanatics surround the king with only one one-handed guard to protect him.

He’s not very good at the whole kingsguarding thing.

Interestingly, just like Thoros, Melisandre was capable of resurrection only after she had lost her faith.

The Lord of Light does seem to be a bit of a jokester.

Actually, it might not have been the Red Woman. Ser Davos was the last one out of the room, right?

I don’t remember Ramsay locking the gate to the kennels, so why didn’t his stepmother get the hell out of there as soon as it was obvious that he was up to no good?

And when are we going to learn what happened to turn Willis into Hodor?

It seemed like since the wolf was asleep, Jon was still “asleep”. Melisandre does her thing. Wolf wakes, Jon wakes.

She didn’t strike me as being particularly agile, especially carrying a baby.

so I am watching in a rather crappy monitor, During the attempt at raising the dead did the Red Womans hands turn old?

She was certainly bundled up against the cold this time around. Also she tried ritual, very formal but at the end when it wasn’t working she simply said please before giving up.

Arya “A girl has no name” This was certainly a turning point, It makes me wonder if her use of the mask was predicted and the blindness is part of the training.

Wha chu talking bout Willis?

Tyrion Holy crap dude! Him and Arya both putting their brass balls on display for all to see this week.

The other Greyjoy WTF where did this guy come from? I am usually really good at being aware of things like the fact that Balin has a long lost crazy brother but either I missed this tidbit or he didn’t exist until this episode.