He Hate Me FF keeper league - yr 7

Hope everyone is checking their emails. Now is the time.

X-posted in the Yahoo forum.

Varlos’ Zzzzzzz will officially keep the following players:

WR Roddy White (with our 4th Rounder)
QB Aaron Rodgers (with our 6th Rounder)

There’s a good chance I’ll also keep either TE Dallas Clark or Baltimore’s Defense when the time comes, but for now I’m leaving them off my list.

#1) TE Dallas Clark. His Average Draft Position (ADP) would put him in our 4th Round, he can be kept this year for a 7th Rounder. Was kept last year.

#2) Baltimore’s DEF. Their ADP would put them in our 5th Round, they can be kept this year for a 9th Rounder (and for a 7th Rounder next year). Last year’s top fantasy DEF. Gotta be the most consistent fantasy and real life Defense of the last decade – a safe investment.

#3) The 2nd overall pick. If past history is any indicator no one will be eager to move up and I’ll wind up just making the pick myself, but nonetheless I feel obliged to point out that, if there’s someone you want at #2 that probably won’t be there at 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8, the cost to move up won’t be prohibitively high.

It’s a bad year for the top 3 picks, fantasywise… which doubtless means I’ll have top 3 picks in my other leagues for the first time ever.

Question for Ellis: why is the offseason trade deadline a week before the draft? For that matter, might we be able to get by without an offseason trade deadline at all?

On a related note, what’s the word on in-draft trades (i.e., trades negotiated and initiated during the live draft)? Permitted? I don’t think we’ve ever actually had one consummated, but one of these days we will (and it will be glorious, I tell you).

Thanks.

I don’t know, it’s weird. It’s not that people don’t see much difference between picks 2 through 6, it’s just that everybody seems to disagree about where the difference is. I’ve got a couple guys from the group that I love and couple that I hate, and it seems to me that that’s pretty much standard for this year’s top half of Round 1.

Just to get one on record in case I lose track of time later.

5th round - Chris Johnson
7th round - Philip Rivers

I’ll probably add a third one later either via trade or one of my late round picks based on training camp/pre-season production.

There are conceptual issues at play here. For example, what if somebody offered you a second rounder for Roddy White? Too good to pass up I would imagine, so you accept the trade. Was that one of your keepers? Do you now get to declare a full three, or only two more?

Our system of offseason trading relies on the three player keeper limit not being in effect during the trading period, so the trading period must end before keeper declaration when that limit kicks in.

As for why have the full week, I want a week grace period between keeper declaration and the draft to reduce or eliminate the risk that somebody might forget to declare their keepers.

Live draft trading is discouraged but not prohibited. Because they are effectively gentlemen’s agreements, there is no way to stop people from doing them. But be warned that I very much do not want my attention distracted by having to moderate a dispute during the live draft over a real-time trade.

VarlosZ and Bababooey have agreed to the following trade:

Varlos’ Zzzzzzz gives
6.13, 7.2, 8.13, 9.2, 12.13, 13.2; total value: 852

DrewBrees’Birthmark gives
6.2, 7.13, 8.2, 9.13, 12.2, 13.13: total value: 884

The draft order has been updated on the league page to reflect this trade.

Ellis, I emailed you a trade.

Yep, I got it, just haven’t processed it yet. I also emailed Dave to answer his question about how it will work on draft day. I’ll post the official notice once I reflect it in the yahoo draft order. Hopefully within the next little bit.

Omniscient and Weirddave have agreed to the following trade:

Omni’s Omnipotents gives
5.3, 6.12, 7.3, 8.12, 16.12; total value: 1183

Baltimore Weirdos gives
5.14, 6.1, 7.14, 8.1, 16.1; total value: 1159

The draft order has been updated on the league page to reflect this trade.

Omniscient and Spiritus Mundi have agree to trade keeper rights for two players straight up.

Omni’s Omnipotents gives
DeSean Jackson (WR-Phi) 10th round pick

Spiritus Mundane gives
Greg Olsen (TE-Chi) 13th round pick - kept last year

Reminder that Monday is the trade deadline, followed by keeper declaration on Tuesday.

The trade deadline on Monday night (presumably midnight), correct?

Yep, you get all Monday to push through last minute deals.

If you’re trying to hammer out the kinks Monday night and you give me a heads up, I’ll give you extra time to get it done.

VarlosZ and Really Not All That Bright have agreed to trade keeper rights for two players straight up.

Varlos’ Zzzzzzz gives
Dallas Clark (TE-Ind) 9th round pick - kept last year

9 Inch Neils (RNATB) gives
Leon Washington (RB-NYJ) 12th round pick

My new keepers:

Chris Johnson - 5th
Philip Rivers - 7th
Greg Olsen - 11th

My new keepers:
Matt Schaub - 8th
Dallas Clark - 9th

Updated keepers:

Roddy White – 4th
Aaron Rodgers – 6th
Leon Washington – 10th

Those are their drafted rounds, FTR, not their cost rounds- that would be 6 and 7.