Reese's Peanut Butter Cups question

You mean it’s not? :eek:

I don’t consider it a candy bar because it’s not candy - it’s chocolate. If it were bar-shaped, it would be a chocolate bar.

You know, I sense a war brewing here, and surprisingly, the lines are not divided by chocolate or peanut butter.
poof [mind blown]

Tomatoes are vegetables.

I’m not aware of any botanical definition of the word vegetable.

Chocolate in candy form (that is, not a powder or a beverage) is candy.

And why does tomato get singled out? Many vegetables are technically fruits besides the tomato. Like peppers, beans, cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkin, okra, eggplant, etc.

It’s peanut butter pie with a chocolate crust.

Dang, now I’m all hungry…

Of course it’s a candy bar. Why the hell do you care what exact shape it is?

Exactly. That’s what I tell people who trot out the old “tomatoes aren’t vegetables” line.

It’s like saying “Carrots aren’t vegetables, they’re roots!”

Because that’s kind of what makes a candy bar a candy bar. Otherwise, might as well call peanut butter chocolate truffles candy bars. They’re more like Reeses than a regular candy bar is (in my opinion.) Part of what makes a candy bar nice and useful is that you can roll down the wrapper, and eat it with one hand, pushing along as necessary. It’s a functional difference. For example, I can be in my car and chomp along on a candy bar while still keeping one hand on the wheel. I can’t do that easily (or at all) with a Reese’s.

it is a candy. it is not a bar (uniform cross-section smaller than its length).

it is a candy conical section.

This is bizarre. Never in my life would I ever consider peanut butter cups to be a bar, because it’s **not **a bar. It’s a cup.

So bizarre. :confused:

to-MAY-to

to-MAH-to

Its a candy bar.

“A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet”

If I think about getting a candy bar while I am filling up my car with gasoline, a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup is near or at the top of the list.

This, with one caveat; it is pronounced REEsez, so as to rhyme with pieces. Hence, Reese’s Pieces. NOT REEseez, so as to rhyme with feces.

You can call it a candy bar, a disk like confection, or any damned thing else that tickles your fancy, but for the love of sweet chocolate, do not say Reesy’s:mad:

And since we’re (sorta) on the subject, the man’s name that sounds like “Reese” is spelled “Rhys”. Bloody illiterates!

What about Mallo Cups?

I did not know that. Was he a Brit?

This has been the most fascinating thread. A lot of “well, I get that it is not technically a candy bar, not being a bar and all, but I think I’ll call it a candy bar anyway because reasons.”

I assume that’s the very reason for the OP, because it is a conundrum of sorts.

I’ve never pondered it before, though I’ve always classified it in my mind as a candy bar. Mostly because of context, as others have mentioned, and also because it’s packaged and , um, selfcontained (?) the way a traditional candy bar is.

The issue is that some people are using candy bar to mean candy that is in bar form and others use candy bar to mean single serving retail unit of candy, or possibly dividing candy into candy pieces such as skittles, m&ms and necco wafers and everything else is a ‘candy bar’.