SDMB 2012 NFL Mock Draft!!!

Wouldn’t it be awesome to have 2 elite corners on the same defense? The NFL is a passing league after all, and Joe Haden is badass…

In case anyone is looking for it, the NFL website has an excellent page to get draft order, team picks, team-by-team needs, prospect rankings and other good stuff.

The Bucs available picks are:
Round 1, Pick 5 (5)
Round 2, Pick 4 (36)
Round 3, Pick 5 (68)
Round 5, Pick 5 (140)
Round 6, Pick 4 (174)
Round 7, Pick 5 (212)

Wouldn’t it be awesome to have just one elite corner. The Vikings had the 6th worst pass defense in the league last year. Good thing we’ll be drafting Claiborne at #3.

Damn…I’m feeling the pressure here…got the Vikings on Line 1, Undisclosed on Line 2, and the Browns on Line 3.

Had a done deal with Undisclosed until I realized I don’t have a 4th this year to trade.

Beef, your original offer…your 1st for my 3rd and 4th…you meant to include a pick swap in the first round, didn’t you? You would not give me the #4 overall for a high 3rd and a high 4th this year, would you? Cuz I might be about to get a high 4th this year…

I’m sure it was a sign that you were always meant to give the Browns your picks.

I mean, secure your awesome favoritest player.

If Tampa could walk away with two picks in the Top 5 this year, they’d be willing to let you take your pick of our cheerleaders every week for the next three years.

Posting to get updates in email.

FYI, I’m heading out to see a show. Will be offline until midnight or so. Assuming we’ve progressed to the 8th pick by then I’ll make it when I get home tonight. No need to rush these negotiations, I may post from my phone if it’s doable, but I wanted everyone to know in case I can’t.

All right, I’m going to pull the trigger on this offer.

Tampa trades their 1st and 2nd round picks this year to the Vikings, in exchange for the Vikings 1st and 6th round picks this year.

This was pure kayfabe, as most of you probably knew.

Tampa Bay selects **Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama **with the 3rd overall pick of the 2012 draft. Tampa needs a RB, and Richardson is a good one, from a good program. Several mocks I saw had Cleveland taking him, so I made the trade to move up.

In a related note that likely will not affect this mock draft, Tampa trades LeGarrette Blount to Jacksonville for their 4th round pick this year. Out with the old, in with the new. Roll Tide Roll.

Done and done.

I was going to ride you about your comments (I like Richardson a lot too), and then I did a quick search and found you praising Richardson as “outstanding” and as a Heisman worthy player, and that you are a Bama fan (sorry about that. Maybe you could get an ointment of some kind). Then it all made sense and I decided not to post on that topic.

The Browns select Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU.

That was my backup plan, if you got Richardson. Barring injury, he’ll be a starter for a long time.

Hell, yeah it will. We’re doing all seven rounds.

Sorry I held up the party; the wife insists I close the laptop during dinner …
Blount gives Jacksonville a complementary back (and possible successor) to MJD, who really needs his workload eased up. He’s also big enough to play FB in some formations, and/or let MJD go into the slot.

Hot damn.

I got the guy I wanted, and a second round pick to boot.

Left tackles are one of most important positions in the NFL, and one of the hardest to find in free agency. And I think Kalil is the real deal. He didn’t give up a sack this year, and has been a long time successful starter at a major college program. He has gotten better every year, and, after being knocked as too soft, was much better this year in the run game.

Consider this too. One guy who had an outstanding rookie season this year (and so impressed the Cowboys that he is moving from RT to LT) is Tyron Smith. Tyron Smith, the 10th pick of the draft last year, was a RT at USC because Matt Kalil was better than him. That tells me a lot about the guy.

He’s not perfect (he needs to get stronger and play with a bit more nasty), but he’s a consensus top 3 pick in most every draft I see. So getting him at 5 (and a second round pick) is excellent.

With the fifth pick of the NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Matt Kalil, OT, USC.

I’d have probably fielded offers to trade up for Kahlil (I bet St. Louis would’ve done it) but I didn’t want to slow things down.

Yeah; I think we’ve already diverged from probable reality…

Were this real, I would have called and told you to give me a ring if you were planning on trading the pick. I could easily see offering a fourth rounder to move up that one spot to ensure me Matt Kalil.

Well, I think we nailed the top 5 guys, just not in the right order. I think the Vikings take Kahlil at 3, then the Browns take Richardson, then the Bucs take Claiborne…but the real Bucs would still have a 2nd round pick.

It’s disturbing to see you so into the Vikings. I might have to call you** Diophelia**.