SoCal Dopefest - Spring 2008

I’m interested, but that’s also the weekend of my wedding anniversary, so the date is…challenging. But I think it’s a great idea if others are able to go.

So much for meeting the San Diegans halfway, eh? :wink:

It IS halfway! Between San Diego and Bakersfield. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about it. But I’d be the one on the sidelines while all you guys are chatting about old times.

No way! We’re always looking for [del]new meat[/del] new friends to talk to!

Should work for me.
PS: Asimovian: I have pool hall options for some future west LA get-together.

Don’t hold out on me – there’s been talk of this. Lay it on me and let’s set a date!

Allow me to try to focus our energies.

Suggested Location

Yard House, Costa Mesa
1875 Newport Boulevard, Costa Mesa, California 92627 (949) 642-0090
The Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for its extensive menu, classic rock music, and world’s largest selection of draft beer. From classic lagers to more obscure ales and stouts there’s a draft beer flavor for everyone. Each Yard House location features a transparent keg room containing more than 600 barrels, some 1,000 gallons of beer, and an endless fleet of tap handles - 130 to 250 - depending on the location. The menu of American cuisine includes an impressive selection of appetizers, salads, pastas, sandwiches, individual-size pizzas, seafood, steaks, ribs and chops. Late-night dining is available, and each restaurant can accommodate groups for large parties. For pint-size guests the kid’s klub includes a 12 page activity book, fresh to order menu items and a kustom kooler. The Yard House plays classic rock and roll on its state of the art sound system while an abundance of flat screens showcase the day’s sports and special events.

Suggested date

Saturday 12 April 2008
Sunday 13 April 2008
Saturday 26 April 2008
Sunday 27 April 2008

Suggested time

14:00 (2:00 PM) - 17:00 (5:00 PM)

OR

One-date only
Los Angeles Kings vs. Anaheim Ducks (hockey) at Staples Center
13:00 (1:00 PM)
Ask Yeticus Rex for more details

How to vote - fill in this form and post in the thread.
I, (your name here), poster at the SDMB signify that I am available and would attend a Southern California Dopefest if it satisfies the following criteria:
Date: (enter date(s) here)
Time: (enter time(s) here)

EJsGirl, if it’s at the Yardhouse in Costa Mesa, you have to be there.

I, Antinor01, poster at the SDMB signify that I am (to my current knowledge) available and would (like to) attend a Southern California Dopefest if it satisfies the following criteria:
Date: Any of the 4 listed
Time: Any of the times listed.

I, Asimovian, poster at the SDMB, signify that I am available and would attend a Southern California Dopefest if it satisfies the following criteria:
Date: April 12 or April 26
Time: Any time

We, silenus & desiresjohn, posters at the SDMB signify that we are available and would attend a Southern California Dopefest if it satisfies the following criteria:
Date: Any date listed
Time: Any time listed

I can’t commit until we have a date… kinda bad timing for me as we’re launching a new product right about then and I will be working massive OT for a few weeks (hopefully not months!).

I don’t feel like formatting.

Yardhouse on April 12th or 13th. If it’s the Sunday, the earlier the better in terms of evening time.

[sup]Yardhouse[/sup] on April 12th or 13th. If it’s the Sunday, the earlier the better in terms of evening time.

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

Arnold Winkelried, I don’t believe you’ve cast your own vote as of yet!

I, Encinitas, poster at the SDMB signify that I am available and would attend a Southern California Dopefest if it satisfies the following criteria:
Date: anydate (Sat. 26th is my least favorite)
Time: anytime

Thanks, Astroboy14, you’re a peach.

I live to serve.

Any of those dates at the Yardhouse at any time are well and good for us.

(Psst, LA peeps - should we hold a pre-Dopefest?)