The secret to getting laid

From here:

If we can assume that you got married at a legal age, after 20 years, you would be in one of groups on the right hand side.

If you were to say “a couple” of times as two, then the frequency would be in the 15% to 19.9% range, but the doesn’t say how many of the times are with the wife.

Wow. I honestly cannot believe that the majority of couples my age have sex once a week at best. Really?

I won’t presume to speak for ChessicSense, but my take on it was this:

First of all, jealousy isn’t remotely involved. If the fiancee herself went and told her friends that **CS **dances with her in the kitchen, they either go “awwwwwwww, how sweet!” or they go “yeah yeah yeah, we get it, yer in love, etc.” But chick is bragging, and that gets old fast.

But if the boyfriend goes and tells them,

1. The girlfriends get to see what a sweet guy he is

2. Without her having to brag about it. They will come tell her about it later!

3. And, broomstick poke in the kidney notwithstanding, it’s a sweet, romantic gesture. In real life, if the guy sneaks up on us, we KNOW his final objective isn’t dancing, usually because his hands head right for the boobage. Or he might pretend to dance for a few seconds, but then Mr. Broomstick makes himself known, etc.

4. But if the guy tells the girlfriends “I dance with her in the kitchen” they get all the romantic part: “he dances! he’s comfortable w/ himself to share this with us AND, contrary to 100% of every other couple’s experience, it didn’t lead to sex! *He just wanted to dance with her. *OMG!” Courtly love!

Hell, even I want to sleep with CS, and I’ve never met the guy! :smiley:

Okay, so 19.9, let’s just call it 20 percent of couples my age who’ve been married for 20 years, have sex, on average, twice a week. That is lower than I would have expected, but it’s still much higher than the 1 percent number I questioned.

From the linked chart, for females in their 20s, it all depends on the middle group, and how many of them are only weekly vs. those who are several times a week.

Am I misreading that or doesn’t it say that married people are having sex more than singles?

/reads title of chart

/reads across to age group

/reads down to frequency

/does some mental math

/sighs unhappily.

Pretty much every survey I’ve read reports married people have more sex than singles. Access is the key point.

Well, I thought I knew that, too. But this survey was posted in reply to a request for a cite about the opposite, so I got confused about what was actually being demonstrated.

Its believable, and certainly mirrors my experience now that the initial “OMG! You’re awesome, I love you!!” thing has worn off. We work long hours, inevitably have to bring work home, and the other stuff that we’re both separately involved in, tends to leave both of us absolutely exhausted at the end of the day and just about able to flop into bed. Mornings are a mad rush between maximizing time asleep and getting to work on time. It all leaves very little time for other things. Don’t get me wrong, we both still love each other, and think the other is insanely hot, its just that we’re no longer jumping each other at every chance we get, because other things take priority. And its not like we have kids either.

Unfortunately, I’m rather convinced that ours is the norm and not the exception. :frowning:

Well it made me laugh.

Wait, around the two dozenth time, it’s not so funny.

Sounds awfully familiar!

Yup, I’ve been married for a while and “right hand” is indeed the operative phrase in my sex life. :smiley:

(I kid, I kid. I use both hands. :))

Weirdly I am right handed but always do it with my left. I have never worked out why.

You need the right hand to turn the pages, silly.

This sounds like cause for starting a thread in IMHO (or whichever forum it is that allows polls)

Great, now this thread has cock-blocked possibly thousands of men around the world.

Great job.

Also note that both men and women tend to lie about how much sex they’re getting. Men lie upwards, women lie downwards.

So eventually thay, uh, meet in the middle. So to speak. :slight_smile:

Oh, but it is. It is.

I should also point out that I’m marrying a professional actress. She has a penchant for seeking the spotlight. I was once told “Oh, honey, it’s not that I want to be married; I want a wedding.” So bragging to her girlfriends about us, thus putting her temporarily ‘above’ her friends, turns her on.