Women: Do you find tall men intimidating?

For me it’s anyone I can still look up to while wearing shoes with heels. So, that’s over 6’2". Anything under 6" is short, because I’d be looking down at him.

I love tall skinny guys. The reason for the “skinny” preference is not that I find skinny guys less threatening. It’s purely aesthetic. As for tallness, ditto for that, since I’m only 5’0". I once dated a guy who was 6’6", a 6’5", and tons of 6’3"s. I will ALWAYS look at a tall, lanky man, even if he has a not very handsome face…because to me, tallness is inherently hot.

Hope that was reassuring.

“Wow, you’re tall.”

“Thanks, I practice.”

As a 6’8" guy, I’ve had the “wow, you’re tall!” conversation approximately one hundred billion times. I just had it with a cashier about eight minutes ago.

Since I like talking to people, I rarely mind – it’s an excuse to start talking to someone. It doesn’t even really matter what you say, as long as you grin and respond in a friendly tone. Stay away from saying anything that makes it sound like a stupid or obvious question, unless they’re annoying and you want them to go away. In a sense, we’re lucky – even if it’s something you’ve heard a million times before, being tall gives people an easy conversation starter.

As for the intimidation thing, I don’t think many people are intimidated by tall, skinny guys. Usually just surprised. To be intimidating, you have to look sort of threatening. Tall, skinny guys are a little too gangly to be threating. :slight_smile:

A tall guy would only be intimidating to me if he was doing something to threaten me. But then, I had a female roommate who was 6’2", a male roommate who was 6’7", and a couple male friends who were also 6’6" or 6’7", so I guess I’m used to it. Myself, I’m just under 5’10", and feel most comfortable with guys in the 6’2" range and over. However, most of my relationships have been with guys very close to my height, so it’s not a strong preference.

My addition:

“Wow, you’re tall.”

“Yes, I’m a supermodel.” :stuck_out_tongue:

At 6 foot, Drachillix is a bit on the short side, but I love him, so what can I do? Men over 6’2" are fabulous if they are also bulky. I like bulky.

Me. I’ve on rare occasions dated tall men, but I prefer, and mostly date, men in the 5’5" to 5’9" range. Mostly becuase I’m 5’1" myself. And it’s not becuase I’m not “used” to tall men since there are tall men in my family, most notably my 6’2" brother.

I ADORE tall men - it is totally sexy. Of course they are going to comment. It would be the same if you had striking blue eyes or a really buff bod. Consider it a compliment because if you had a big scar on your face, they would look but not comment. It’s a good thing enjoy it.

I have a friend who is your height and I think I have heard him give every reply known to man for that same comment. Like “Really? I hadn’t noticed” “It’s cooler (warmer) up here” " My Dad was the Jolly Green Giant" “I’m the runtof the family” “Want to sit on my shoulders and check out the view?”

He’s kind of a crazy guy and popular with the ladies…enjoy!

No way do they intimidate me! I’m 5’9", so it’s actually preferable. But, not mandatory.

I’m only 5"3 so a guy over about 6"3 is too tall…not because they intimidate me, but because I don’t like to look like a little kid next to a guy…that seems sorta weird.

But tall guys are definitely a good thing, I (and I know this sounds incredibly shallow) will not date a guy shorter than me. There have been one or two exceptions, but guys shorter than me just aren’t attractive to me. I like guys that are taller than me, bigger than me, and can at least pick me up…a guy that is stronger than me is a good thing. Lol, I don’t know if I’m one of few girls that feel like this or not, but I don’t want to be the “bigger” (and keep in mind, bigger isn’t necessarily referring to weight, just generally “bigger”) one in the relationship.

**Jamie

My neighbor told me she likes to date a man that can “bounce”. Use your imagination, and that would be correct.

Don’t jump to conclusions. The OP only asked if women were intimidated by tall men, hence the lack of info about shorter guys. I like and have dated men who are close to my height (5’6") also.

:dubious:

I tried, honestly, but what I imagined ** can’t possibly ** be correct!

I wrote a long, ‘pissy’ reply.

But it’s best I don’t get into it, (in this thread).

I would just like to say, I’m short, and life aint fair.

I thought I had a pretty good imagination, but it’s failing me, on this one. I can only come up with a couple of possibilities, and they don’t make sense. And, I keep coming back to picturing Tigger bouncing on people. :smiley:

And, I have to say, Wonderland really seems to be an interesting place. :wink:

bouncing = not skinny or bony. She likes a man that has some meat on his bones; something solid. She just calls it “bounce”.

I dated a 6’4" football player while in high school and he hit me once. I was a bit intimidated by tall men after that.

Years later, when I met Mr. Adoptamom, he was sitting down. He asked me to dance, I said yes, and when he stood I almost had a heart attack … 6’7" … a full foot taller than myself and a long beard to boot. I scoped out the exits, tentatively followed him to the dance floor and wondered what I’d gotten myself into.

Turned out he was/is the biggest, gentlest teddy bear of a man I’d ever met and we were married six months later.

I like tall men!

Congratulations on being married to such a sweet man!!

I’m on the edge between “tall” and “very tall” (6’4") and between “big” and “huge” (300+ pounds). I didn’t realize untill I went to college that some women were definitely intimidated. But this had as much to do with my penchant for wearing black and never smiling though. (I later shaved my head and got several tattoos, which I’m sure didn’t help. :))

But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve noticed that the average woman I meet tends to care less about these things. They get a bead on my personality much quicker, and consider me more of teddy bear.

I imagine this is simply a maturation process that women, like men, go through. I look for different things in women now than when I was 21, too.

I wish I could answer the question about what I think of tall women, but the only woman I’ve ever known over 5’10" was a 6’3" lesbian. Dating was not an option.

The tallest girlfriend Ive ever had was 5’8", and she remains my favorite. :slight_smile:

I’m 5’1", so I’ve come to accept the fact that pretty much everyone over the age of 18 is going to be taller than me.

Thus being the case, tall people in general are not intimidating, to me. Height isn’t anything I even take into account on my list of things that turn me on or off.

Don’t misunderstand me, though…there’s a few out there that I wouldn’t mind scaling like Mt. Everest…:wink: