Dating tips for short guys?

I’m a 5’4" man, very skinny, and in my mid-twenties. What can I do to help myself in the dating realm?

By the way, has anyone tried elevator shoes/insoles? Has anyone tried that operation where they break your leg and stretch it to make you a couple inches taller? Do those things help?

Also, the leg-lengthening seems to have a limit of about 2 or 3 inches. Does anyone know what the actual limiting factor is? Nerves? Proportion?

For starters, I’m a woman who is physically attracted to men that are close to my height or shorter than I am.

I’m completely put off by elevator shoes no matter who wears them. Breaking your legs on purpose? If I found out about it, I’d question at least your priorities, maybe also your sanity.

If your size really bugs you, change the skinny part with weightlifting or something; it’s more attractive and usually less dangerous than breaking bones!

How tall are you that you’re attracted to men shorter than you? I’ve never heard of such a thing.

Date short women.

I like shorter guys as well. I’m 5’8" and have no problems with dating someone shorter than that. There are women out there who DO like vertically challenged men. Don’t wear lifts, don’t have surgery. Just be yourself.

Learn to be comfortable with your height. Napoleon didn’t let it stop him, did he? :wink:

Seriously though, I would question dating a man who purposely had surgery for something as inconsequential as his height. I would also think the same thing for a man who had surgery to make his penis bigger or something like that. There are lots of women out there who are very comfortable dating short men so if you keep looking you will find one of them, I promise!

What the fuck kind of medical facility will break your legs just to make you taller? I can’t even imagine how that would work. Your growth plates are solid, you are done growing.

Here’s a less crippling idea that’s probably also cheaper, if you’re short on money: listen and be funny. Works for tall guys, too, but a sense of humor can make up for a lot.

5’6". It’s not that uncommon.

I am pretty fond of guys that are about my height as well. If I were you I’d work on the skinny part and try not to worry about being short. Insecurity is a much bigger turn off than height.

BTW, if you haven’t already, I recommend you read the Miles Vorkosigan novels by Lois McMaster Bujold unless you have a serious aversion to good science fiction.

ETA: As should anyone who likes short men or is a short man. Or who likes good science fiction.

So, given what height I’m at, how big a difference would it make if I was really muscular? If it would make a big difference, then I’ll get right on it.

Description of the procedure.

I think it’s actually only done in non-cosmetic cases such as when one limb is significantly shorter than the other (hindering mobility), or in extreme cases of shortness, such as being like 4 feet tall.

Interesting article:

http://amos.indiana.edu/library/scripts/leglengthen.html

Whatever you do, don’t lie about your height! I am short (5’1") and have dated guys not much taller than myself, but seriously, if you say you are 5’7" but you aren’t taller than me, and I am not wearing heels, you are a liar. I have no patience for liars.

ETA: also, a device like the fixator linked above was used to fix my shattered tibia and fibula. It was NOT FUN. Anyone who does this for purely cosmetic reasons is INSANE.

Don’t get too hugely muscular or it will look like overcompensating but get some definition and a little bit of bulk and you should be fine.

I read that, but what’s the difference in being 4 feet and 4 foot 3 inches? Does that really do something for some people? I could see adding three inches somewhere where it increases length 50%. :smiley:

Dude, I wouldn’t worry about it. There are some advantages to being short.

“Really muscular” could be overkill as said above… or, maybe not. What you need is physical confidence, and it sounds like you don’t have that now; whatever gives it to you is what will make a big difference. If YOU strongly suspect you’d feel hotter as a really muscular guy, go for it, but *nothing *works on all teh ladees.

Apparently, this lady went from 4’3" to 4’10" which let her pump her own gas, so I’m not sure what the deal is with the limits I read about elsewhere. Probably a proportion thing.

Also, what are the advantages to being short?

1. I imagine it’s easier to find clothes.
  2. Taller people typically have larger feet so you can actually go to a store and find shoes without having to resort to the internet.
  3. Sitting in the back seat isn’t so bad because you have more room.
  4. You can fit in small places (if you like to explore caves, etc)
  5. You said you are short and skinny so your penis probably appears much larger than it would on a giant. :smiley:

And any woman that wouldn’t date you because of your height isn’t someone you probably would want to be with anyway.