Why Do Men Prefer Shaved Women?

Why is it that so many men seem to prefer women whose bodies have been shaved- their legs, their underarms, and their pubic areas?

It’s not because men don’t like hair, otherwise they would be attracted to bald-headed women. Men don’t mind head-hair and eyebrow-hair, but most don’t like leg-hair, pubic-hair, or underarm-hair. Interestingly, this is the exact same configuration of hair that a prepubescent girl would have. Coincidence?

Thanks.

I think that as far as the pubic area goes, shaving makes it more… um… accessible. :slight_smile: Less hair in the mouth, you see.

But you’re right. Depending on the woman, shaving can make one look way too young.

Dunno. Perhaps shaved skin seems softer and smoother than it really is, sending a clear message that the bearer of said skin would contribute many welcome genes. Why do men prefer shaved (as opposed to bearded) men?

I don’t think that’s really true of most men. Shaving pubic hair, in particular, is a recent, bizarre fad. I blame it on French-cut bikinis.

I prefer a woman’s natural body.

Some years back, I worked with a woman who was convinced that men who liked women who shaved their pubic hair were perverts and pedophiles. I think she had issues. That could explain her 4 marriages and divorces…

But back on topic - from random anonymous conversations I’ve had on line, I’ve found that “men” in general don’t follow any preference. Some like shaved, some like natural.

As for me, I keep my pits cleared, and anything else is at whim - I wear jeans most of the time, so why risk blood loss??

I admit I like shaved legs and armpits. But the pubic hair thing I don’t completely go for. Trim is nice, but completely shaved? I don’t want to feel like I’m bedding either a Barbie Doll or a 9-year old.

It’s especially bad when redheads shave it all off. Way to defeat the entire purpose!

Shaved legs is nice. I don’t know why, but it is. Shaved armpits doesn’t really matter to me. And shaved public hair is creepy. A woman who’s completely shaved down there doesn’t look like a woman to me anymore.

mmm… bald-headed women… the ONE GOOD THING about Star Trek, The Boring Motion Picture!

At the risk of being thought a weirdo, I actually prefer women with armpit hair, although you rarely see it in the U.S. Razor stubble in that area kind of grosses me out - I think the hair is kind of sexy. Shaved eyebrows are also a turn-off to me.

And of the men who prefer shaved women, I wonder how much of that is societal conditioning? Perhaps they like it because that’s what they’re used to.

Also, I would say it works both ways. Most women seem to prefer men with little or no hair on their torso and buttocks, which arguably could be compared to a pre-pubescent boy.

I like women’s hair wherever it grows. Just say no to scraping yourself with sharp metal blades.

Armpit and leg shaving is a social convention.

Pubic area shaving is a personal preference, and not necessarily the exclusive domain of latent pedophiles.

I am incredibly attracted to voluptuous women. The curvier, the better. But I am also attracted to the idea of a woman with a shaved pubic area. So, how would that be a sign of latent pedophilia? I mean, one would think I’d prefer a Calista Flockhart-type who was shaved.

Personally, I think skin is sexier than body hair. Smooth, silky skin, unbroken by course hair or stubble is attractive to me.

Whatever floats yer boat.

I have a basic rule that if she has more hair than I do in some particular places, it’s nasty. Which I realize means I’m horribly judgemental and unenlightened. Bite me. And shave.

The last time I saw my nephew’s wife, she had unshaved armpits and the sides of her head were shaved. It seemed rather bizarre to me. My nephew loves her, and she’s a wonderful gal. I’m sure I haven’t the right to tell her what to shave.

My own preference for women is for shaved armpits and legs. I like nicely trimmed pubic hair. If she wants to shave it into a cute shape, that’s fine, too. I get no special thrill from a completely shaved bush.

As long as it’s kept clean, I like hair on a woman wherever it grows (except the face obviously, don’t like that). I’m not going to insist on hair but really, I’d prefer it.

I suppose it’s somewhat ironic that I keep myself totally shaved except the top of my head…

Actually, if I could, I’d dip myself in wax from the neck down. However, it’s very impractical and probably quite painful.

I just don’t like body hair, which is really why I prefer girls who shave everything. In return, I too shave much of my body hair. Anywhere I’d be prone to lick should probably be shaved. Granted, if I were with a bald chick, I probably wouldn’t lick her head, which is why hair up there is fine.

I wouldn’t say it’s ingrained into our society as much as a personal preference. Most guys I know prefer to have it at least trimmed, as it shows that there is some effort into personal hygiene. When I see a girl who has hair that is out of control, even if she is the cleanest person ever, it appears dirty and unkempt to me.

You can’t rationalize a boner.

That said, I think it’s probably a combination of social conditioning vis a vis cleanliness issues and masculine traits, moreso than repressed pedophilia. Body hair on a woman is seen by some men as icky or smelly. Of course, with proper grooming and cleaning it needn’t be, any moreso than it is on a man. It is also often seen as a masculine thing to be hairy, as most men are naturally more hairy than most women. I personally prefer a nice triangular bush as opposed to a mohawk, or fully shaved. I’ve never minded getting a few hairs in my mouth during oral sex, and I find the shape to be aesthetically pleasing to me. I also prefer well-groomed underarm hair on a woman, but I don’t know why. I suppose it’s because it’s unusual and a bit exotic seeming to me, and it shows that the woman has something of a non-conformist attitude. That appeals to me. On the other hand, I prefer smooth legs. Nothing beats the aesthetic appeal of a long sleek leg. I’d say facial and abdominal hair are right out.

I don’t like hairy monkey-men and I really dislike beards.

Count me in as another guy who’s completely turned off by shaved pubic hair. It looks way too juvenile. I don’t even it like it trimmed. The more natural the better. Leg hair is fine as long as it’s not too course. Armpit hair doesn’t bother me – it can actually be a bit of a turn-on as long as it’s not too thick and bushy.

This is purely speculation spewed by someone that has never taken a psychology or sociology course… that being said… here’s a few points I’d like to mention…

Body hair is a secondary sex characteristic… men are typically hairier, call it a generalization if you will, but it’s true… of all the post puberty chests I’ve seen, ONE woman had a little bit of hair, and ONE man had no chest hair, both of those visuals surprised me a bit… If I don’t shave my face every 10 hours or so, I have the human equivilant of 30 grit sand paper on my face…

if we can all accept that men are hairier (I’ve seen a lot of guys with back-hair, yours-truly included… but never a single woman with back-hair), then we can make the logical leap that extra hair is a male characteristic, and lack of hair is a female characteristic… hence, less hair = more feminine…

now for a less scientific approach, my personal ideas/feelings… I choose to sleep with women (well, one specifically… bobo=married) I don’t want to feel a hairy person rubbing up against me (conversely, my wife says she likes the feel of my hairy chest… possibly the opposite side of my views on body hair), so I like the fact that my wife doesn’t have a lot of extra body hair…

as for the pubic area shaved… I’ve experienced a woman like that from time to time (the affore mentioned wife)… definately easier to “work with” and I enjoy not having to cough up any hair after getting frisky… but I see no real improvement in the overall sex life…

just my $.02

Mrs. Z just underwent her 4th chemo session.

When she’s finally healthy, she can grow as much as she wants wherever she wants.

To some of you, body hair is unclean. To me, it’s an affirmation of victory over the Big C.