Uh, Chuck Norris?

It’s everywhere. Chuck Norris’ tears cure cancer. Chuck Norris isn’t hung like a horse, horses are hung like him. There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard, just another fist. And so on, and so forth, etc.

So what’s with the sudden Chuck Norris adulation? I think the lines are hilarious, but I think I must be missing some basic reason as to why I’m hearing them -everywhere- all of a sudden.

What am I missing?

Oh, and if anyone wants to share additional Chuck Norris quips, that’d be great, cause I really do get a kick out of them.

I suspect it’s just one of these internet viral memes that spread quickly. The basic idea was probably originated by one person, and enough people on the net are familiar with Chuck Norris’ tough guy image from tv shows, karate championship stuff, etcetera that the hyperbole struck them as funny enough to forward the list, post it up and tell friends to take a look, make up new lines, etcetera.

There’s always this little known Chuck Norris fact. :slight_smile:

The Walker:Texas Ranger clips that Conan O’Brien would show helped out a bit too. I believe that’s what started this whole thing.

I think it comes from the Chuck Norris fact generator page.

Here’s a link to the the top 100 Chuck Norris facts.

It’s one of those things that was funny for about one second and then got dragged around the internet in circles until it has lost all comedic value and is just plain tired, yet somehow refuses to die. I’m pretty sure the Chuck Norris jokes are at least a year old by now, maybe two. I think they might have even been pre-dated by Vin Diesel jokes of the exact same style.

Wow, I’m really out of it then - I only just recently started hearing all of them. I do find them amusing, though.

Thanks for the answers, everyone!

I thought all the Vin Diesel jokes were hilarious, and although the Chuck Norris ones are excellent, too, every time I read them get the “derivative! derivative!” voice in my head.

It’s too bad that a former student of Bruce Lee has fallen so far in his acting career. Steven Seagal is an Aikido badass, but his rep is awfull as well.

I met Chuck Norris at the Hollywood Wax Museum shortly after the Delta Force exhibit opened. A staff memeber tipped us off that he would be exiting the back door soon.

I was taking Kempo lessons at the time, so it was extra special for me. He was a really nice guy.

John Astin, Billy Corgan, and Tim McGraw were all assholes when I met them. The only thing I asked for was an autograph from Billy Corgan. That dude is tall! He said “Must I?” but then he signed. Les Claypool was cool, even though I almost knocked him down.

Chuck Norris gladly took 5 minutes of his time to talk to a few kids before an appointment. He made my day. At the time Delta Force was his only current claim to fame (no Texas Walker Ranger yet) so he was appreciative of attention from kids.

I’ve heard that about Billy Corgan, he seems to have that "I can play/record all the instruments by myself, you guys are nothing more then a tour band and compleatly replacable, do what I ask or lose your job’ complex.