Jimmy Carter and the Killer Rabbit

I recently found the following website with very good photos of said Prez and the putative ‘killer rabbit’. There is both a close up of said bozo bunny and the original photograph, reproduced in high res. The rabbit type ears are clearly visible, knocking out the contention that it was a ‘nutria’. Google a nutrai and you will see that the nutria has a beaver shaped had with eensy peensy ears (Hey… I’m from Canada. I know about this stuff!). So, the debate is now on again… it was a rabbit, but what were it’s intentions and it’s politics?
Sincerely,
Long time SD fan.
Dave Ryan
http://www.narsil.org/politics/carter/killer_rabbit.html

I remember that incident very well. We we were all rolling around laughing in tears when it occurred. Even back then, there were all sorts of “conspiracy theories” about it being a KGB rabbit agent and such, but they were all tongue-in-cheek. Apparently, it was a real rabbit with some sort of beef. All witnesses to the event verified it was definitely a rabbit.

Since it was trying to seize a watercraft by force, it was a Pirate Rabbit.
Who, obviously, could have easily defeated a Ninja Rabbit in battle.

Welcome to the SDMB, David.

A link to the column in question is appreciated. This is the one: What was the deal with Jimmy Carter and the killer rabbit?

I’ve owned rabbits and found one attacking the President to be completely true to form. People think they’re like Thumper, but Bugs Bunny is closer. I presume the Secret Service frisked it for custard pies.

That’s no ordinary rabbit! That’s the most foul, cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on. Look! That rabbit’s got a vicious streak a mile wide. It’s a killer!

My wife refers to her two bunnies as Fluffy Avatars of Malevolence.

I believe the story.

Or pulled one out from their custard-pie holder and whapped it in the face.

Say, since Carter tried to whack the poor little bunny with his oar, don’t you think he should return his Nobel Peace Prize?

Duplicate deleted. :frowning:

submitted for your approval

I… I… I am in awe. That is one kickass rabbit.

Rabbits will kick your ass and send you home crying, I kid you not. I had a 35 lb Flemish Giant who, when he was not happy about something, would chase you around the house trying to bite your foot.