Your least favorite current commercials

I have two. That stupid Snickers commercial with the Viking throwing trash cans. And the Doritos commercial with Missy Elliot. “Naw, it’s da bounce”, “I know what it need, it needs some country!”

How about you?

I hate the Viking ones. I also hate the KFC one where the woman is using (gasp!) a knife. It grates on me.

I guess we can’t rag on Head On! anymore, can we?

i agree, that one is stupid. I never paid enough attention to realize why that ad involved a pilgrim and a viking. Does the ad explain that they are supposed to be attending a costume party or something?

For some reason or another I find the cellphone ad mildly irritating where he gives his wife and kids phones telling each one they are his “number one.” Part is because I am just so personally uninterested in cellphones, his wife looks so stupid exercising or whatever, and I don’t buy the middleaged guy with shirttail out under sweater look. Like I said - mildly irritating.

I think all cell phone ads are obnoxious. The ones where the kids and the grown ups are reverse-arguing (“I don’t hate you” “I know you don’t mean that!”) grates on me. And the ones with the dropped calls that result in awkward/bad moments.

Any of the food ones that have things dripping off of people’s chins. You just aren’t enticing me when you show food on people’s faces.

The Snicker’s Feast ads are much funnier in context. Here is the series from the Snicker’s website. My favorite is the Roman “Sound a feasting horn!”

(I have no idea why historical figures time travel for snacks, but I laughed at Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure and the Cadbury/Phill Collins gorilla too, so I have no credibility whatsoever.)

Speaking of cellphone commercials, the one with the father giving the family phones and saying that they have a total of 26 people in their network (“think about it, carry the 9”) really grates on me. It’s just one more example of ads that make dads look like total dipshits, a trend that has been bothering me for some time now.

Those Wendy’s ads with the guys in the pink plastic “Wendy” wigs are completely asinine too.

I agree, except for the one with Roger Clemens and his wife. That one made me chuckle. :slight_smile:

I’ll add (or second):

• any commercial that ends with “What’s in YOUR wallet?” (Capital One)
  • any GEICO commercial with the gecko…he actually makes me miss the cavemen
  • any DiGiorno commercial

The one where the guy is falling in love with his GPS navigation thing. My god, I have to scramble for the remote.

If you’ve been watching any of the MLB playoffs on TBS, you’ve seen enough Frank TV commercials to last you a lifetime. That is now a show you couldn’t pay me to watch. (well you could, but it would have to be a lot)

Is THAT who that is? I suppose I shoulda recognized his voice from The Simpsons, but I had no idea who he was on that ad. I figured they didn’t identify him because he was an actor playing a generic over-the-hill athlete. Companies, if you’re going to pay for a celebrity, IDENTIFY HIM, fercryinoutloud.

Hot wife, though.

Another cell phone ad has a Creepy Dad telling his daughter’s new boyfriend that he’s got his eye on him. Creepy ad, but who plays the Creepy Dad? He’s played Creepy Dads before, but I can’t place him.

Yeah, it’s kind of an inside joke (well, inside for the 40 million Americans who do recognize him :stuck_out_tongue: ), because he’s Texan and his family is well settled in Texas, and it was well known that his recent stint in New York made his wife none too happy.

Aww. Leave my Luanne be. Until I can sweep her off her feet and take her away from that dead-end desk job, the girl’s gotta eat something for lunch.

All it did for me was make me wonder if Clemens ever gets any head at all. That woman’s mouth barely opens far enough to get a straw inside.

As to the OP, if I ever meet the person who recites “EAT ALL YOU WANT AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT! THAT’S RIGHT, EAT ALL YOU WANT AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT! AKAVAR IS COMING!!” I shall ventilate his skull with a power drill and my 1-1/4" spade bit.

Any commercial with BILLY MAYS! in it.

Also that stupid guy shilling his book about how to get money from the government.

Why can’t we rag on Head On any more I just saw that stupid thing last night.

I hadn’t seen it in a while, and I was afraid it would get too old if I ranted about that one again. I still hate it, though.

I think that’s James Read. The commercial is for T-Mobile.

How about the restaurant scene in which a guy starts choking and the guys around the table idly talk about what to do in this case. Oy yoy yoy!!

I detest that ad so much I can’t remember the sponsor. I hope they go broke.

If that’s Murphy Michaels, I’ll turn in my Bernice Foxe Fan Club membership card.

Anyone who watches alot of sporting events surely has grown to loathe the John Mellencamp song “This is Our Country…” that accompanies Chevy commercials. Every single commercial break. All day long.

I also hate car/truck commercials where they show the vehicle doing something that it really can’t do.

Example: The Hummer commercial where the guy talks about customizing his Hummer, he jumps in and then proceeds to drive it underwater where it transforms into a Hummer submarine…?? If you watch close or freeze frame you can read the disclaimer “…car really doesn’t go underwater…” etc.

Why sell a vehicle on something it can’t do? There are lots of truck commercials that do this, drives me nuts!!!

Campbell’s Soup slurping office asshole. If he worked on my building, he would experience a terrible shredder-related accident.

And, why is Billy Mays always yelling at me?

The same reason he wears a beard: to make up for his high, girly voice. I guess Mays figures “high, loud and grating” is tougher-sounding than “high.”