Looking for an obscure spoof

Hey Dopers!! I’m having no luck wih my Google-fu, so I’m laying my problem before you in the hopes that I can find some resolution.

Twenty years ago, we were very poor, so any VHS tapes we owned were the result of my dad renting stuff from the 99cent video store and copying it for us. (Yes, it’s illegal, I know. Not here to debate the morality of it!) Due to his “more bang for your buck” mentality, dad would often record multiple shows to one tape, and cut out the credits to save room. Hence, even though we still have the clip I’m looking for, there is no way to know its name.

All my life, I’ve referred to it as “the religion piece.” It’s about 10 or 15 inutes long, and consists of twin brothers singing (and mocking) religious mantras and practices. The two bits that stand out the most are “Man didn’t come from no monkey, he came from he breath of God!” and “Hare Krishna, Hare Rama, here’s your flower, where’s my dollar?”

The tape this is on is severely damaged by time and multiple viewings, and I’d love to find a copy of it. Does it sound familiar to anyone? Please Obi- ah…, DOPERS, you’re my only hope!!

Were the perfomers “The Funny Boys” (two blond Nordic looking guys who appeared on the 7th annual HBO young comedians special)? I can’t find any online photos of them or their routines.

Hmmm, your description matches, but I’m thinking they went by their names. Like, “Bob and Doug Mackenzie” or something like that. (Yes, I know those are two other funny “brothers,” but you get my drift.)

Thanks though, I’ll check into it!