Help me identify a rap song

I think this will be a stretch, but here goes. There’s a newish radio station in NY called 94.7 The Block that plays classic hip hop and R&B. Early on, they had a pretty limited playlist and played the song I’m trying to track down pretty often, but I never made a note of it. Now, I’d like to find it again.

It probably came out in the 90s or early 00s. It’s a male rapper, with a sample of a woman, and the cadence is like this (sample is in <>):

[Some lyrics]<Ah>
[Some lyrics]<Ah>
[Some lyrics]<Ah>
[Some lyrics]<Ah ah>

I know this is super vague.

There are a MILLION songs that go as such…

It’s not an “ah” but could you perhaps be thinking of Oh boy by Cam’ron?

I think I know what you mean - it’s on the tip of my tongue - it very well may come to me in time.

Nelly, Hot In Herre?

A million songs, but you got it in one! Thanks!

ETA: just listened to clean version, which is what 94.7 would have played – a lot more of that sample. I like it way better.

ETA 2: I’m really amazed you got it from my vague description. There’s nothing the SDMB can’t answer. Obscure physics question? No problem. Hip hop song from the early 2000s? No problem.

I seriously subscribed to this thread just to see if the SDMB could do it. Well done.

Yeah, from a bad description on my part. Anyway, here’s the clean version, which, as I mentioned, uses that sample a LOT more. Much better.

A while back, I tried to ID an old rap song, but had no luck. May I give it another try?

I am looking for the title and author of an old rap song. It was a favorite of a co-worker, at a company for which I worked briefly in 1991.

I believe that all of the performers were African-Americans.

There were 3 female singers, and 1 male singer. I suspect that the females formed a group, which probably got top billing. The male probably got a “with” or “featuring” credit.

The song took the form of a dialog between a man and a woman.
The male would sing one verse.
One of the females would sing the next verse.
The male would sing the next verse.
Another of the females would sing the next verse.
Etc.

The male verses were mostly the man bragging about his sexual exploits. As the song progressed, he got more and more vulgar, and more and more misogynistic.

The females were utterly unimpressed. As the song progressed, they got more and more caustic. They cast aspersions on the man’s manners, and his morals, and his bedroom prowess, and the size of his anatomy. One verse ended with all three women chanting in unison, “You’re an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weenie, short, short man!”

It was not “Short Dick Man” by Gillette and 20 Fingers. This song came out at least 3 years before 20 Fingers released their magnum opus. This song was rap, not techno-dance. It was much longer, and had more complex lyrics.

Anyone remember it?

I’ll @Drummond_Bays for you.

Forgot about that. Thanks.

Oops, never mind.

I have one that should be easier but I’ve had no luck so far.

This was on community radio where DJs play whatever they want from their collection. It sounded like early 90s hip hop to me, but that doesn’t mean it actually was recorded in the 90s. The versus were rapped by a single male performer, and the chorus was sung by the man along with female backup singers. There was an extended saxophone solo at some point. It wouldn’t be out of place on a club dance floor.

I tried Shazam-ing it, but it wasn’t recognized. So I made note of what I figured were distinctive lyrics: “Living underneath the gun, just like an animal on the run.” But google returns no results for that phrase. I’m 99% sure I have those right, but who knows.

Ring any bells?

All it made me think of was No-face.

That is extremely bizarre.

I take it you’re new to Miyazaki movies. I’m not sure No-Face even cracks the top ten weirdest things in a Miyazaki film.

Yup, I didn’t even know where that was from.

Forgive my lengthy time to reply, I have been quite busy…

@mbh I am not familiar with this myself. I spent the better part of an hour searching, as your description is quite specific. Sadly, to no avail. The strange thing is you say this came out before Gilette & 20 Fingers.

@TroutMan That is pretty specific as well. I have yet to search, I haven’t really had the time. Next time I have a good half hour or so to kill I will give it a shot.

In regards to both of your searches - mid/late 80’s->late 90’s is a hellish time for rare and obscure dance/techno/hip-hop. The techhnology to produce music had become so available for the average person, tons of music was being made that never went beyond a local scene. These could have been big players in the local university/rave scene and were never well-documented.

I myself am searching for a weird Street Fighter II track that was doing the rounds on CFNY and CIUT here in Toronto in the early 90’s. Probably the work of an unknown dj/producer at the time. Without the prevalence of the internet, a lot of this local music that was never on an established label is lost to time. It was a period of crazy mixtapes, bootlegs, overdubs and mashups. It’s not like now where a person plays a track once through some media player and the info is (semi) permanently logged onto some odd database in some weird corner of the internet.

I have this thread bookmarked, hopefully in time I may have more answers. I love a good song hunt.

(Forgive me - written communication is very much a challenge for me.)

In the meantime, I’ve sent an email to the station. It’s a single email address for all the DJs, of which there are probably around 50. We’ll see if it gets routed to the right person and if they remember.

Not exactly what you described, but pretty close. Could it be this: I Got A Man by Positive K?

Fun fact: the girl is also Positive K with his vocals pitched up.

Also not quite what you described, but maybe “Two Minute Man” by BWP (Bytches With Problems)? It was released in 1991, a man brags about his skills in bed while the women ridicule his performance, and it has the women chanting in unison at the end. But the chant is “Go 'head girl, go 'head girl, kick it, Go 'head girl, just kick that shit,” not about dick size. Maybe you’ve conflated this song with “Short Dick Man” in your memory?

Anyway, it’s a banger. Note that it has very NSFW lyrics before you hit play.