Boston Dopefest soon?

The venerable Robot Arm and I were wondering if it’s time to round up the usual suspects for a Boston Dopefest. I, for one, have a raging case of winter doldrums and would love to get together for dinner or something.

Any takers? I’m not even going to start throwing dates out right now, but someone else should feel free to do so.

I’m in, but could we wait about three weeks for my teeth to be finished?

Bartley’s should have new menus by now.

You are good to reply, considering I totally fucked up the definition of venerable and may, in fact, have insulted you.

Honorable! He is honorable, people!!

3 weeks is fine. Perhaps Bartley’s has a Chief Justice burger. I’ll bet the ingredient list is not complete, though.

No, “venerable” is fine. And it’s just two steps from there to “sanctified”.

I’m interested – I’m always interested. In three weeks, though, I might actually be gainfully employed. At present I’m perfectly at liberty.

I’m in, but lorene, this time you get to pick the date. That way you might actually be able to show up.

I’m good just about any time except Thursdays, Saturdays, and every other Friday.

I’m in. I don’t know about Bartley’s, we had problems trying to take a large group there, so it might depend on how many people are coming…

Hawkeyeop and I found another great place in Harvard called Fire and Ice. It’s an all-you-can-eat buffet. You take your little bowl around and put raw ingredients into it, pick your sauce and take it all to the giant circular grill where they cook it. They lean towards stir fry type things and burgers. But it’s great for picky and adventerous eaters. About $15 a person.

I’m new to the area and I would love to meet some Boston dopers! Count me in. :slight_smile:

The only times that don’t work for me are Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, and Monday evenings. That Fire and Ice place sounds interesting.

I’m fine with whatever place we pick, but just as a data point, I HATE Fire and Ice.

I’m just sayin’.

Fire & Ice is good (although I’ve been to other Mongolian grills that I like better). There’s a few of them around; one downtown, one in Providence, and one, for some reason, in South Lake Tahoe.

(Just checked their website, and apparently there’s now one in Birmingham, Alabama. This strikes me as a less-than-focused expansion strategy.)

If I start swimming now I might make it.

OK OK Just a suggestion…:stuck_out_tongue:

I’d probably head on down for a Dopefest. I haven’t been to one in years – in Haverhill, if I recall.

I am a veteran of several west coast and NYC Dopefests, so I know how to bring the crazy/scandal if that is indeed what the doctor ordered.

But seriously, depending upon the date (a weekend would definitely facilitate a trip down from Maine) I’d drop in for a brewski or six.

I’m down wid it.

I’m not actually opposed to the idea. It may be perfect for us.

But my experiences there thusfar were pretty negative.

What happened to make you hate it so?

The first time I just found it to be confusing, and I didn’t find the food to be all that good.

The second time I was on a date with Teh Krazee. shudder

3rd time’s a charm, dude!

The thing that I don’t like about it is the per-person charge. Those who want to spend less (some folks might just want a snack, or our company) cannot, right?

The date I pick depends on the location, honestly. If it’s a day I’m in the office, someplace like Fanueil Hall makes sense for me. If it’s a day I’m elsewhere, then I’m sure not going all the way in to Fanueil Hall.

Conundrum.

I’ll throw out a couple—Tuesday, Feb 10? Wednesday Feb 11? tdn, where are you in the Friday rotation?

Wednesday, Feb 11 works for me. Oh, and I’d like to request that wherever we end up going have some vegetarian stuff. :slight_smile:

I should be available on the 30th, 13th, and 27th.

The 10th and 11th work for me as well. When are your office days?

If we meet within the next two weeks, I suggest dim sum. Hey, I’m an ox.