Dirty Jobs cancelled.

:mad: Well, this sure sucks.

They fired Bear Grylls, no more Man vs. Wild.
They put Mythbusters on Sunday nights, when I’m unable to watch.
They cancelled Dirty Jobs, I know not why.

I suppose these shows have run their course, but how could they have run out of dirty jobs??

There’s no reason I’ll ever have cause to watch Discovery Channel again. I have no interest in choppers, guns, panning for gold, or almost getting away with shit.

Good riddance to Bear Grylls. Nothing but a fraud if you ask me.
Mythbusters is still watchable though, do you have a DVR? If not, I’m sure there’s ways to view the newest eps in some manner online.
As for Dirty Jobs, I’m honestly surprised it survived this long. I mean…some of the ‘dirty’ jobs they had seemed to be stretching the definition.

I thought that Bear Grylls show was a joke. I still like Mythbusters, although it’s getting a bit long in the tooth (never liked it when they promoted the three flunkies to full ‘Mythbuster’ status, despite you smart & cute Kari is!) I watched about half of the first season of Dirty Jobs and even though I liked it, too many episodes made me want to puke. I could only watch Mike Rowe wade waist high through goat shit so many times…

This news broke last week in the thread about Fall cancellations.

I sure won’t be missing Dirty Jobs, since Ford still shows commercials hosted or voiced by Mike Rowe, so nothing really will change.

Honestly, they ran out of dirty jobs seasons ago.

They’ve done some interesting non-dirty jobs, and made some good episodes from doing jobs more or less identical to ones they’d done before, but they were clearly stretching for material quite a while back.

Mike Rowe can couch surf for a while at my place if he needs somewhere to stay :wink:

I liked the crossover with Sesame Street, where he did Oscar’s job.

No, really.

It’s amazing Mike Rowe beat this dead horse for so long. I pretty much quit watching three years ago. It had reached the point that the jobs just weren’t interesting. Sometimes he wasn’t even allowed to do the job. He was just there in the way and screwing around.

I loved the show the first couple seasons. The Charcoal plant was my favorite. Mike got so black and dirty in that Charcoal dust and then got stuck in that waist high pit of ashes. Best episode in the series.

It had a good run. And I agree, they ran out of legit “dirty jobs” years ago.

There was a great British show a few years back called “The Worst Jobs in History” with Tony Robinson. It was really interesting and extremely entertaining; I think it would have been a good show to revive with Mike Rowe.

I suspect all y’all who won’t miss Dirty Jobs are heterosexual guys, no?

Search function is as slow as ever and google didn’t hit up anything. Where is the Fall Cancellation thread? A link would be nice!

Thank you in advance :slight_smile: I can usually find what I’m looking for.

I guess he can always go back to driving a cab.

Ty :cool:

:smiley: My BF said he’ll still have voice over work, doesn’t he do Deadliest Catch? I said, “Big whoop”.

No…I thought Mike was incredibly hot, and would listen to him read the phone book. But, honestly, I doubt the boy’ll be hurting for work, and it’ll probably be something more interesting than rehashing episodes they’ve already done, and hopefully remain more on-point than taking Barskey to a waxing salon. (Which was a hilarious episode, to be sure, but it didn’t really fit the premise of the show.)

ive on the caught the old ep, buried at wierd times. not being a fan of shows about dead people i enjoy these kind of shows

that’s shitty (and who’s going to shovel it).

He’s been begging for people to send in their dirty jobs for a few seasons.

I met Mike Rowe when they were filming the first pilot episode, called Bat Cave Scavenger. There was part where they went into the cave full of bat shit, another part showing a guy who harvested mud used to rub baseballs for major league baseball, and a segment about cleaning fish.

I was a middle manager at a plant that converted fish scraps into usefull products, mainly fish food for the state and federal fish hatchery system.

The last segment of this pilot was called Fish Gutter or something like that. And they followed the fish scraps as they were being cleaned at the cannery to our plant where the scraps would be converted to fish food. We had never heard of the show, since it didn’t exist yet, and we were a bit worried that we would be made to look like fools.

But the segment turned out really well and we began to get calls from all over the country about it. I looked for the segment on Youtube but didn’t find it.

Mike Rowe was just as nice a guy as he seems to be on TV. The camera men were overwhelmed by the smell of dump truck loads of fish heads and guts being delivered in the summer sun and walked around with tape covering their noses. But we were used to it and thought it was funny.

So it has come full circle. If you happen to be able to view Bat Cave Scavenger from the original Dirty Jobs pilot, the last segment is where I spent 30 years.