The Office (12/6/12) - "Dwight Christmas"

Best episode of The Office in three seasons! And I’ve been pretty happy with season nine so far.

I really want Pete and Erin to make it. And I think this is our first confirmation that Jim is counting down the days until D-M is a distant memory (before it was an “if” correct?). I also think the fact that Jim is making regular trips to Philly, has a few projects lined up, and is officially bringing Daryl aboard can put an end to the “Jim is in over his head!” speculation.

One of the best episodes ever i think. One thing though, i don’t like the lame way they chose to sabotage Erin/Andy’s relationship, it’s like the writers just decided “forget all that, we are going this way now”.

Personally, I think Erin/Andy have been written as doomed since practically the beginning. He just can’t ever get it together enough to realize that this girl likes him and that if he’d just drop the douchiness for two seconds, they’d be a great couple.

For proof, see the “I love drama!” conversation when they first attempt to hide their relationship and then announce it to the office.

Why were Jim & Pam so keen on Dwight’s Amish Christmas idea? :confused: I missed that part.

They thought it would be a hilarious trainwreck.

I’m guessing as a going away present for Jim. One last insane Dwight event.

Heh, I had been about to Google “Belsnickel” to see if it was a real thing when Oscar beat me to it.

I too liked the episode. I think Pete and Erin will get together by the end of the series. Pam was the one who ‘dropped the ball’ on remembering the Xmas party. Someone tell me what the hell she does all day?

Get some, Toby.

That’s right!! I wanted to share that for those who’s DVRs cut that part off.

That was pretty awesome.

I really could have done without Darryl’s collapse into the holiday table. Darryl getting the wind taken out of his sails when it turned out Jim had remembered him all along was funny, turning it into a big slapstick pratfall was not.

I agree with this.

Disagree. The fall was awesome.

I though the ep as a whole was ok I sure didn’t any “best in a long time” comments.

The Toby and Erin (separate storylines) scenes were my favorites.

I also want to say that Parks and Rec. is a better show than Modern Family.

Here’s an excellent gluhwein recipe - which unlike some others - doesn’t boil off too much of the alcohol.

It is served hot in mugs, not cold in a punch bowl.

Really, it’s no more exotic than mulled wine. But Game of Thrones AND Office fans should enjoy it nonetheless.

I love how Darryl didn’t just fall but passed out cold. I can’t remember the last time I saw someone get so staggeringly drunk on TV for laughs. If someone is acting that ripped is usually a drama or a very special episode.

I know this is a dumb question but I admit I am confused.

That was the series finale, right?

I mean Wikipedia (and other sources) say that the 9th season is the last season. But are they planning on doing some special or something (like the UK series did)?

Not even close. NBC ordered a full 22 episode season - of which this was 9.

So is there going to be a payoff for all the times they’ve mentioned the “Scranton Strangler”? I certainly hope so.