When does the next "Song of Ice and Fire" book come out?

Does anyone know when the forth book comes out? Does anyone know how many there are to be and what they are going to be called? Thanks.

There’s supposed to be six books, I believe, titled:

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Dance With Dragons
The Winds of Winter
A Time for Wolves

The next is due out fall of 2002.

I think the correct answer to the OP is “Not damn soon enough to suit me!” I can’t wait another year or so to see what the hell was going on with YOU-KNOW-WHO coming back at the end of YOU-KNOW-WHICH-BOOK, especially given what had happened earlier to YOU-KNOW-WHO. ( <-authentic spoiler free post!)

(All kidding aside, Cabbage’s info seems dead-on correct, from what I’ve heard.

Fenris

This is appropriate to the new forum, Cafe Society, so I’ll move it.

bibliophage
moderator, GQ

George R.R. Martin has a website at, not suprisingly, www.georgerrmartin.com. Accordiing to that site, Cabbage is correct, and the next book will be due out in fall 2002.

Fenris: Arrgh. Yes, the suspense is killing me. Well, OK, maybe not, but I really would like to know.

Another YEAR??? Aw, crap.

I remember reading an interview with Martin (in Locus, maybe?) in which he said about 20 years would pass between the 3rd book and the 4th. (For the characters.)

Odd. Amazon.co.uk says the next one isn’t due out until Feb 2004.

Apparently I now have three more books on my to-read list, with a fourth arriving in a year or three, depending on what source you use.