[QUOTE=Struan]
Perhaps we could have a general amnesty for mittu, no harm no foul just tell us it was a typo or something. I’d really like to start living the rest of my life, at this point.
[/QUOTE]
Nah, I vote for hunting him/her down. I’ll just check if there is an email on profile and if not then I think we should insist that a Mod cyber-stalks him/her and forces him/her back here to face the music.
[QUOTE=robardin]
Actually, it was the first 33-question set exactly, and I should warn others that you may actually be “too smart” for some of the questions.
[/QUOTE]
I just want to say I am apparently NOT too smart for this test. I only have 14 so far. Are the answers anywhere?
(I was sure that the answer to 1000 Y in a M was: 1000 years in a millenium but nooooo).
[QUOTE=Stainz]
okay, I’m up to 18 - just need one more to be a “genius” - how scary is that?
[/QUOTE]
As I recall, with the original test was a lot easier to be a genius if you were British. Answers included number of players on a cricket team, pence in pounds sterling, and things like that.
[QUOTE=Stainz]
I just want to say I am apparently NOT too smart for this test. I only have 14 so far. Are the answers anywhere?
(I was sure that the answer to 1000 Y in a M was: 1000 years in a millenium but nooooo).
[/QUOTE]
Well, I did solve all the first set of 33 (have only just started looking at the second set of 24, which appear harder, and not at all at the third set yet). You can PM me if you really want any hints or answers for that set at least. (And as Ghamina pointed out… spelling counts on this test! :))
I’ve already given one snarky hint in an earlier posting: “23 P of C in the H B” is factually wrong as “worded”. Bleh!
[QUOTE=Walter Windchill]
A Christian Brit, since a few involve the Bible as well.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah – I started doing the second set, I’ve got 15 of the 24 so far and more than a couple of them are Biblical in reference. So much for the claim at the top that while harder than the first set, “there is no cultural bias this time”.
[QUOTE=DaveRaver]
I think the first part is indeed 14 karats of gold. There is a Spanish gold coin called a doubloon… perhaps that is the d.
[/QUOTE]
Karats of gold, unlike carats of diamond, refer to purity, not weight. So it would be be unnatural to say, “karats OF gold,” as opposed to “karat gold.” Sort of like saying “This is 14/24 of gold,” as opposed to “this is 14/24 gold.” Since that’s exactly what it would mean. FWIW.