17-year-old Daniel Radcliffe to appear nude on stage

[QUOTE=bouv]
Not every instance of someone appearing nude under the age of 18 is illegal in the US. A classic and recent example is Thora Birch baring her breasts in American Beauty at only 17, same age as Radcliffe, and that was in a movie, not just on stage. I wouldn’t be surprised in laws for stage nudity are different as well.
[/QUOTE]

Now and Then was released a little over a decade ago it it had teenage boys skinnydipping and having their clothes stolen by girls. Although it’s become rarer it’s never actually been illegal to show “children” nude in American films.

Brooke Shields was 12 or 13 I think when she was fully nude, front and back, in Pretty Baby, but I think her mom was OK with it, and plus it was at least partially a French production.

[QUOTE=ArchiveGuy]
Jenny Agutter’s never been hotter than in Equus, but it’s a long shot with a red filter, so as revealing as it is, it’s not nearly revealing enough. :frowning: Oh, yeah, Richard Burton’s pretty good, too (though not naked).
[/QUOTE]

She was pretty fricken’ hot in An American Werewolf in London.

[QUOTE=Revenant Threshold]
According to Wikipedia, 17. So it’s between you and your conscience on that one. :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

My conscience is strangely silent. :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think his parents raised him right. I remember my body image of myself at 17, and it wasn’t nearly as confident. I happen to think he’s lovely, what I know of him anyway. I say kudos to him, and here’s hoping his acting career both on stage and screen lasts a long while yet.

Have you seen the poster art for this production? It’s brilliant.

http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/equus.jpg

[QUOTE=Darryl Lict]
She was pretty fricken’ hot in An American Werewolf in London.
[/QUOTE]
No question about that. So now think…4 years younger!

She has more screen time in Werewolf so it and Walkabout are better values, Agutter-wise (not to mention better movies), but I still think she was most stunning in Equus.

[QUOTE=Big_Norse]
What I want to know is why are these parents bringing their kids to see Eqqus?
[/QUOTE]

Most likely, they’re not. I’ll never understand why fanatical parents feel the need to “protect” their innocent children from something they aren’t likely to a)see in person or b)hear about.

The kids end up exposed to the offending material anyway. These same parents are going to have to explain to their kids why they can’t see the next Harry Potter movie.

It’s about as logical as not allowing your kids to see Charlotte’s Web because you (the adult) think it’s horrifying that Dakota Fanning acts like she’s raped in Houndog, a film that your kids aren’t even going to see in the first place.

Oh, and count me among those who shamelessly think Daniel Radcliffe is smokin’ hot.

[QUOTE=cruel butterfly]

The kids end up exposed to the offending material anyway. These same parents are going to have to explain to their kids why they can’t see the next Harry Potter movie.

[/quote]
And as soon as you say “Because I said so” You don’t think the kids are going to get on the Internet and find out why, exactly.

:smiley: Good. Then I will also be shameless henceforth.

[QUOTE=Wee Bairn]
Brooke Shields was 12 or 13 I think when she was fully nude, front and back, in Pretty Baby, but I think her mom was OK with it.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, Teri Shields, not who I’d go to for standards of parenting conduct.

I shall agree with the consensus that Mr Radcliffe is growing up into a handsome man. Yea, that is how I shall phrase it.

[QUOTE=ArchiveGuy]
From what I recall in the movie:[spoiler]He tries to get it on with the cute daughter, but doesn’t. He also runs around the stable naked a bit.

In short, no man-on-horse loving. For that, you’ll need to see this (which just premiered at Sundance).[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]

…I really hope that that movie is at some point shown in my presence.

[QUOTE=Anaamika]
:smiley: Good. Then I will also be shameless henceforth.
[/QUOTE]

That’s good, Mika. You and I are the same age. There’s nothing to be ashamed of.

Men anticipate the 18th (or whatever age of consent is in your neck of the woods…) birthday of any number of young starlets. It’s about time the girls got to do the same thing, darn it!

I’ve liked him since the first movie. He just keeps getting better _____

I find myself alternating between, “my, he looks lovely” and “holy shit, he’s a few months older than my daughter.”

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And here’s to you, Mrs. Robinson,
Jesus loves you more than you will know.
God bless you, please Mrs. Robinson.
Heaven holds a place for those who pray,
Hey, hey, hey

Gorram, that young man is…uh…sorry, what was I saying?
(Does he have a countdown to 18 website?)
Equus! Right. Equus. Not for children. Not at all. Spikes in eyes and all that rot. Lots of talk and carrying on. Um…excuse me, I need to go check that link again…Mmmmmmm…

All this way into the thread and no wand jokes? Tut, tut.

Me, too–and I’m 44.
I don’t see the big deal, here-these parents are living in lalaland. If he wants to do this play, and can carry it, then good for him. It’s a bold move, sure, but not an outrageous one.

[QUOTE=WhyNot]

All this way into the thread and no wand jokes? Tut, tut.
[/QUOTE]

Actually, I found the link via another message board, where it was headlined “Harry Potter and the Flaccid Wand.”

[QUOTE=WhyNot]
All this way into the thread and no wand jokes? Tut, tut.
[/QUOTE]

No, I’m being good. Well I’m trying anyway.

[QUOTE=Antinor01]
No, I’m being good. Well I’m trying anyway.
[/QUOTE]

Why? I’d feel better if more people were bad.

thanks, cruel butterfly. :wink:

I think Jodi’s comments, above, summed up my reaction - Nudity not really necessary for the play; necessary for production publicity and Radcliffe’s publicity.

I think he looks like Elijah Wood, only I’ve seen much hotter pictures of Elijah. and Wood has those wonderful eyes.