2008 Fall Season Death Pool (new shows)

Which new show commercials have you rolling you eyes and already predicting a swift demise? Play for points!

Rules:

1. Pick 5 brand new shows you think are destined to expire within 6 episodes. Shows that are not in their first season will not count for points. For an additional point bonus you make pick a sixth show.
  • All eligible shows listed below
  1. Please limit your picks to shows on ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and the CW* that will premiere in September or October (only because cable channels tend not to start their shows in September/October, and pay-cable channels are less likely for a quick cancel.) Network mid-season replacements like The Dollhouse or Surviving Suburbia are out, too, sorry.

2. You have until midnight 9.12.08 to make your picks

Scoring:
Each show is potentially worth six points. One point is subtracted per week the show airs, meaning that if you pick a show cancelled after two episodes, it’ll be worth more than your pick cancelled at week six.

If you list a show that premieres before you make your pick, that show will be eligible for a maximum of five points, so sloth is not recommended (for example, Fringe airs tomorrow so if you wait until late in the week you’ll lose a point, and 90210 will already only earn you five points today).

Any show you picked that isn’t cancelled within six episodes is worth zero points, but will not otherwise adversely affect your score.

An additional point will be given for the poster(s) who correctly predict the demise of the most shows. Another additional point will be awarded if anyone is the only one to pick a show that no one else does. If your bonus pick is the first cancelled on your list, you will earn the appropriate points for it plus one additional point. But only if it’s cancelled first.

Final scores will be announced early December if anyone picks a show premiering in late October, potentially sooner otherwise.
TV Shows New in 2008:

• learn more about all of these shows here

To start the thread:

Life on Mars
Crusoe
Kath and Kim
Knight Rider
Opportunity Knocks

My Own Worst Enemy
Privileged
Kath and Kim
The Mentalist
Crusoe

I almost picked 90210, but I think that one will squeak by until midseason.

Sure, I’ll play:

Worst Week
Stylista
Gary Unmarried
Easy Money
Valentine

J.

Gary Unmarried
Valentine
Life on Mars
Eleventh Hour
Stylista

I pick:

1. Do Not Disturb
  2. Gary Unmarried
  3. Hole in the Wall
  4. Worst Week
  5. The Ex-List
  6. Fringe

Shows which I’m interested in watching and therefore will be cancelled:

Crusoe
Eleventh Hour
Fringe
In Harm’s Way
The Mentalist

I was 1 for 5 for the shows I was watching surviving last fall, so we’ll see how this season goes.

I pretty sure all of these shows will at least make it to 6 episodes. But if I’m playing along:

1. The Mentalist
  2. Do Not Disturb
  3. Gary Unmarried
  4. Kath and Kim
  5. The Ex-List

I always miss out on the celebrity death pool, so this should be fun.

My picks are:

Gary Unmarried
Kath and Kim
Hole in the Wall
Opportunity Knocks
The Ex-List

Bonus:
90210 (but only because I am hoping that it dies a quick death)

I won’t play for points myself, but my personal predictions are:

My Own Worst Enemy
Privileged
Knight Rider
Do Not Disturb
Crusoe

bonus: Kath and Kim

Reminder to thread lurkers: Fringe & Privileged start tonight, so their points go down after they air.

Oh, and one slight clarification for scoring: if on the off chance a show is cancelled but for some reason they air more episodes after that, you won’t be docked points for those post-cancellation airings.

Privileged
Do Not Disturb
Gary Unmarried
Life on Mars
Crusoe

The Mentalist
Fringe
Do Not Disturb
Stylista
Gary Unmarried
Crusoe

Hokay -

Do Not Disturb
Easy Money
Gary Unmarried
Knight Rider
Worst Week

My picks

**Worst Week ** (getting horrible reviews)
90210 (WHen the news is which has-been will appear in a show designed for teens, not enough nostalgia in the world will save it)
Mentalist (sounds too much like an unfunny Psych)
Opportunity Knocks (Game show at home? Really? I predict millions will tune in and tune out 2 minutes later when the bus is in a neighborhod that obviously isn’t their own).
Knight Rider (Not enough nostalgia in the world)

Bonus: Do Not Disturb Also getting horrible reviews.

1. Crusoe
  2. Worst Week
  3. The Mentalist
  4. Privileged
  5. Stylista

I base my picks on absolutely nothing! :smiley:

• Bump *

~30 hours left to make picks

Wait - hold on - I think I need links to the candidates. Else, how am I to make my choices?

By using the link at the end of the first post?

Damn! After seeing “Privileged” I now wish it was on my list. :smiley:

J.

:smack: skimmed the OP a bit fast, I see. :smack: