2010 year of the Tiger!

Ooh, I’m a metal monkey. That’s pretty neat. I don’t think many of the supposed attributes really “fit”, though.

I’m marrying a fire dragon. He sounds dangerous!

Monkey, Yang Metal.

I’m a water ox. I’m also a Taurus, so I’m clearly bovine in nature. :slight_smile:

Here are the qualities wikipedialists: Dependable, calm, methodical, born leader, patient, hardworking, ambitious, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.

I’m a lot of those, especially stubborn. Maybe not so much with the hardworking and ambitious, though.

I’m a wood rabbit. I pretty much fit the stereotype. I am mated with a Dragon, though, which is pretty much said to not work…though it is said, if you can get past your differences, your relationship will be much stronger. Which has happened.

Me tooooo. I didn’t realize we were born the same year.

Just run a search on the year of your birth (eg 1982 dog what element?) and you should get it. Otherwise, do a seach on Chinese horoscopes and check one of their charts).

Fire dog here.

I am a wooden Ox.

Prefer the water based Cancer Western 'scopes though. But Sure, why not? I’ll go with it.

I am such an oddball.

Me: Wood Dragon.
Hubby: Earth Monkey.
Son: Earth Tiger.
Daughter: Earth Rabbit.

It makes total sense to me, that I was born in the Year of the Cock.

Jan 4, 1968 - so I just missed Monkey ( which I thought I was for years, until I realized the New Years are slightly skewed date-wise in the Chinese Zodiac ) and instead got Ram. And I’m a Capricorn as well for that double goaty goodness ( or odor, perhaps ).

Thankfully I don’t believe in horoscopes. Capricorns never do.

Wood Dragon. I am Principled, Discriminating, Noble-hearted, and Healthy.

At my best I am Compelling, Vibrant, Magnanimous, and Charismatic as well.

I don’t see myself as a born leader type that Chinese astrology portrays the dragon.

I’m a Snake, which is pretty cool, because snakes are one of my favorite animals.

According to that Wiki article… I’m a Yin Earth Snake, because I was born in 1989. Except the article on personlities says that Snakes are “Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Fire”.

:confused:

Horse.
Hmmm…interesting that it shares a common scatological suffix with my “other” astrological sign. Not sure what to make of that.

Water doggy here. I might be a golden retriever.

Or a Newfie? :wink:

I’m an Earth Pig, which happens to be the literal translation of “aardvark”. I remember watching a TV show years ago (must have been in '83 or '95) on which one of the characters was Chinese and upset that his son was going to be born in the Year of the Boar, because the kid was destined to be lazy. However, this page claims we swine are a hardworking lot!

Woof!

I don’t see a problem with the second set. I bet there are other pups that feel the same… Am I right?

The dog’s element is metal, I am a cancer so, I have to try to keep my heavy world afloat. Not always easy.

I’m a Tiger, (and an Aries), my wife’s a Tiger and our second born will be Tiger…yes we have some good arguements in our house - why do you ask?

Also an earth pig. Where are the truffles?

Water Tiger. Pretty cool.