2021 Fantasy Baseball Recruitment Thread

Another option would be to switch to an AL or NL only league. That way a ten team league woud be roughly as deep as back when we had 20 teams.

I’m fine with AL or NL only as an alternative

If we do AL- or NL-only, then we have to decide which it’s going to be. I’ve been a NL guy for my whole life (fan of the Cards and their double-A farm team growing up, then the Braves since moving to Atlanta 32 years ago). I’m sure an AL-only league would be OK, but I probably wouldn’t enjoy it as much. I still haven’t come to terms with a world where the Brewers are in the NL and the Astros aren’t.

I’d lean towards NL-only as well - because I’m already in an AL-only league (as are a few other Dopers).

I concur with NL

Good idea - even an 8 person NL only would be fairly deep.
Anyone want to volunteer to be set as co-commish? Just in case?

Sure, I will volunteer

So I am planning to switch the league to NL only; and to move the draft back a week or so.
I will do that around 3pm EST - speak up if you object!

The new draft date is a little easier for my schedule, but I would’ve been able to make it last night if we kept the old time.

I’m all about the Mets so an NL only league feels like a great way to make up for the league size. I’ve participated in AL only leagues before and I’m excited to give the NL format a try.

Thanks for getting us going, Wilson!

The NL East has been quite interesting over the past few years, so I’m definitely better prepared for the NL only format as well.

Hey - thanks for the invite on this. (And wow, it has been since 2018 since I’ve really spent much time here. Huh.) Sorry for not getting back to you by the 31st. Between a toddler and my work schedule post-COVID, my response times on these things are not what they used to be.

It looks like you guys are set up pretty well to have something that works, so I’ll pass this year. I’ll also keep an eye out next early-March in case we want to try to go back to a big league… pending anything else MLB or the Sox do to further challenge my shrinking baseball fandom in the next year.

Welcome back! The 31st wasn’t a deadline - the draft was pushed back another week. We’re at 8 for the NL-only - that’s still pretty short. Do it!

Looks like we benefited with some NL games canceled due to Covid. There’s 3 Mets/Nats games to be made up. Supposedly they will get all 3 of the Braves/Nats games in this week, I’ll be skeptical