"24" Season 2, Episode 4 - 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (SPOILERS)

Oh, and about Connor and Darlene-- maybe I’m a heartless basterdess, but I thought he did the only thing he could. Darlene will die anyway if the nuke goes off. So Connor can make all the unethical decisions and leave Tony smelling like a rose till next season (where he [Tony] can be next season’s traitor.)

Yeah, you have a point Biggirl – and even Tony admits at the end that he thinks it was the right call. I guess the question, then, is really how much data did they actually have at this point (it’s only been a few hours since the start)?

Anyways, I’ll admit I do have a little more respect for him since he decided to come back and help. And I think he was trying to make an excuse to get out of the city back in the previous episode, before he got called back to the warehouse.

And when it gets dark in a few hours, Mason’s radioactive glow will help find more survivors at CTU.

The second that Wald said that he only met “a woman” two times, I knew it was Nina. Especially since the actress’ name was listed in the opening credits :stuck_out_tongue:

That emoticon was a little festive. I’ll just go with the good old fashioned :wink: instead.

Who the heck is Connor? Do you guys mean George Mason, aka Scruffy Radioactive Man? I never watched “Roseanne,” was Sara Gilbert’s character Darlene on that show?

I like how the President sends his problems to that one Secret Service agent who probably turns guys inside out when Palmer’s not looking. Wonder how many more problems he’ll be cleaning up before the end of the day?

*Who the heck is Connor? *

Sara Gilbert was Darlene Connor on Roseanne – and that name was mentioned earlier – I think somebody just got mixed up with “Connor”. I’m just calling him radioactive man for clarity. :wink:

Wonder how many more problems he’ll be cleaning up before the end of the day?

What I’m wondering is… when prez said “get him out of here”, is he just releasing him into the wild? i.e. into public? Or is secret service man taking Eric to the same place they are holding the reporter guy? in custody somewhere? (If they are smart, they will do the latter. Otherwise, I’m betting that Eric goes to the media and blabs, in an attempt to start an evacuation of L.A. – since the prez rejected his plan).

I have one thing to say… I knew she’d be back! :smiley:

I didn’t see Season One.

Who’s this Nina woman? Is that who was in the photos?

What’s her thang?

Nina was an essential person in CTU last year, and I beleive her and Jack Bauer had a fling in the past. Unfortunatley, she succumbed to the dark side, and ended up being a traitor, and killed Jack’s wife.

Nina was a former CTU agent–the only one Jack thought he could trust–until it turned out in hour 23 that she was the mole inside CTU. She ended up killing Jack’s wife (and a few other people) and he almost killed her. I’m sure she’s now locked in max-security federal custody somewhere, so she must have planned this before last season ever started. Or else she escaped or something. I suppose we’ll find out soon.

Obviously, Reza is as innocent as a lamb, since he’s apparently blithely going about trying to make things right with his future sister-in-law.

Daddy, on the other hand… what’s up with him? Not many fathers would be totally dismissive and incurious when presented with the possibility that the man who’s about to marry their daughter is suspected of any criminal activity, much less working with terrorists. Hell, even if it were a case of “buddy knows x, who knows y, who carpools with z,” you’d expect some concern.

I’m glad Nina’s back, in any form. Sarah Clarke is awfully purdy… …and we can probably expect to see her sweat in the next episode. And breathe heavily. I shiver with anticipation.

I do hope that not too much of next week’s episode is dedicated to watching Mason’s hair fall out.

One other thing, not specifically related to episode 4 but to this whole season (and I apologize if it’s been mentioned in the first two threads, which I haven’t read,) — I’m really disappointed with the “compromise” use of split screens in this season. I liked watching separate scenes unfold simultaneously. This business of using splitting the screen up into several shots of the same damned scene is just annoying. Not too bad with telephone calls & whatnot, although it does seem more like a 70’s T.V. approach in that context. What happened, did focus groups determine that people couldn’t keep track of a coupla lousy windows, and they wanted to lose the taxing multi-tasking thing without altering the “look and feel” of the show? Grrrr! Stoopid Nielson Families and their pitiful attention spans.

Aha!

Thanks for the info, y’all.

I will enjoy this season that much more because of you. :slight_smile:

You know, there was a commercial for the latest James Bond flick (or maybe it was just a car ad); anyway, I found myself thinking “James Bond? James Bond is a pussy! Has James Bond ever sawed off anybody’s head with a hacksaw?”

laughs Yeah! I agree!!

You know, I’m amazed by the intensity of the new season so far… we started out with a pretty graphic torture scene, we’ve had an unexpected shooting and subsequent beheading, a kidnapping from an abusive father, a bomb exploding, a man exposed to raw plutonium, and in tonight’s episode, a head-on gunfight in which three men are shot, and a suicide. And we’re only four episodes in?

Damn… gonna be a rough ride if this keeps up.

Rasa works for daddy. Daddy is the one connected with terrorists. We know this because his daughter lied and said she had a Private Investigator look into his past - in fact, it was the government, if I recall. Dad responded by saying that he hired his own PI, and it wasn’t true. Since her source is unimpeachable, she knows he’s lying.

I wish they wouldn’t do those cheesy gunfights where Jack goes running at guys with two guns blazing. It’s horribly unrealistic. In real life, Jack would just calmly assume a solid stance and quickly shoot them while they fired back wildly. The thing is, it would look more impressive, too. More professional. I think the action choreographer is a little tone deaf to what the audience would appreciate.

But that’s a nitpick. This season is off to a great start. It could turn out to be better than last year, and who would have ever guessed that?

Wouldn’t it be SOP for the hospital to call Children’s Services and the Police and Mom and Dad and Babysitter all get to have a nice little sitdown.

Sadly, it’s not like these situations don’t come up in hospitals infrequently.

Ahh, poor Kim, going to end up on the wrong side of the law again. I wonder when she’s going to call on her terrorist/boyfriend from last season.

And while Nina is going to be back, the woman whom I really fear reappearing will be the Pres’s ex-wife. That woman is PURE EVIL.

C’mon, Larry, people were bitching and moaning 10 minutes into the first episode of the season that there were too many blonde women and they couldn’t keep them straight, despite the fact that they look nothing alike beyond their hair color and this IS SET IN L.A. :confused:

You can’t expect people like that to pay attention to <gasp> two sets of visual inputs do you? My god, there might even be blondes in more than one of the screens, and we couldn’t have that.:cool: The entire cohesion of the storyline would break down if there were THREE blondes on the screen.

Yes, I thought Kim’s reaction at the hospital was a little odd. I didn’t think the doctor was accusing her, she was simply passing along her diagnosis. I think an innocent person (as Kim is, at least as far as child abuse goes) would have responded, “Oh, my God. I’m the nanny, I’ve only been working there a couple of months, let me tell you what happened two hours ago while you call the police and put a guard on Megan’s door in case dear old Papa shows up.”

I do hope Abused Mom steps up to the plate now that she knows her daughter has been abused. She was very much in denial when Kim called, but I hope she sees the light now that she knows her daughter is in the hospital.

Is it just me or does the President not have a wide range of emotions? He seems very much like an automotan.

And I think Resa is cute. So there.

From downtown LA to Simi Valley in lsess than 30 minutes, with time to stop and torch a van and dust three bad guys? Not likely, but I still love the show.

Why doesn’t Mason tell Tony that he is going to die?