50 Most Beautiful People

I’m amazed and annoyed that the young lady from Snow Day and 100 Girls wasn’t picked. The dark-haired girl, who was trapped into a movie with an N’Sick guy and has a name I couldn’t hope to spell? Emmanuel Chiqui? She is stunningly cute and hot.

Also I am surprised that Elijiah “Don’t Call Me Frodo” Wood wasn’t mentioned. His eyes were practically supporting actors in LOTR.

Working in the magazine world, I can guarantee you, this is what went on at “People”—

Editor 1: “OK, we went through all the ideas, and here’s who’s in the issue.”

Editor 2: “I can’t stand Cameron Diaz, do we HAVE to use her?”

Editor 1: “Yep, her people said if we don’t use her, we can’t have any of their other clients.”

Junior editor: “But what about Gregory Peck, or Lauren Bacall?”

Editor 1: “I told you, our target audience won’t know who the hell they are—and they don’t have anything coming out this year.”

Junior editor: “But Jennifer Aniston isn’t even very pretty!”

Editor 1: “Will you just shut up and go down for coffee?”

Editor 2: “We put a hold on Julia Roberts for next year, unless we HAVE to, right? Oh, and I’ll take double mocha espresso.”

Editor 1: “OK, THAT’S over for another year, anyway. Do we have the annual John-John and Princess Di issues laid out yet?”

Just to fan the flames, here’s Maxim’s Hot 100 for 2002. Maxim got a least one thing right; there are no guys on their list.

Jennifer Garner (also on People’s 50 Most Beautiful List)
Kirsten Dunst (also on People’s 50 Most Beautiful List)
Beyonce Knowles
Tara Reid
Jessica Alba
Gisele Bundchen
Halle Berry (also on People’s 50 Most Beautiful List)
Christina Aquilera
Monica Bellucci
Jolene Blalock
Leonor Varela
Alicia Keys (also on People’s 50 Most Beautiful List)
Eliza Dushku
Megan Ewing
Shakira (also on People’s 50 Most Beautiful List)
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Brittany Murphy
Kelly Hu
Rosario Dawson
Jessica Simpson
Asia Argento
Mandy Moore (also on People’s 50 Most Beautiful List)
Sofia Vergara
Jamie-Lynn Sigler
Amanda Peet
Naomi Watts
Summer Altice
Kim Smith
Leelee Sobieski
Jaime Pressly
Samantha Mumba
Laura Harring
Shannyn Sossamon
Michelle Rodriguez
Jordana Brewster
Susan Ward
Brooke Burke
Carla Cugino
Ali Larter
Izabella Scorupco
Lil’ Kim
Teri Polo
Mia Kirshner
Kasey Chambers
Radha Mitchell
Gina Philips
Lauren German
Jill Arrington
Roselyn Sanchez
Laura Prepon
Eve (also on SD Most Beautiful list)
Gabrielle Union
Kylie Bax
Eva Mendes
Nelly Furtado
Drea de Matteo
Bridget Moynahan
Talisa Soto
Gretha Cavazzoni
Molly Sims
Aisha Tyler
Paula Garces
Scarlett Johansson
Kate Groombridge
Chyler Leigh
Amanda Marcum
Josie Maran
Erika Christensen
Brittany Daniel
Sarah Wynter
Katherine Towne
Malia Jones
Elisabeth Roehm
Sarah Silverman
Melissa Sagemiller
Pink
Amanda Detmer
Monica Keena
Cindy Tayler
Tina Fey
Veronica Kay
January Jones
Jules Asner
Elisha Cuthbert
Julie Benz
Sara Spraker
Sunny Mabrey
Monet Mazur
Sienna Guillory
Jennifer Gareis
Saira Mohan
Desiree Dymond
Carla Campbell
Zhang Ziyi
Rose Byrne
Cameron Richardson
Kelly Brook
Chandra West
Claudette Ortiz
Vicotria Silverstedt

Count me in on Kirsten Dunce. She has a huge round head-looks like someone painted her face on a cast iron skillet.

They didn’t even try to put anyone remotely off-beat on this list. Stick-thin model perfection is like a mayonaisse and white bread sandwich. I’d put Steve Buscemi, Willem Dafoe, Tom Waits and Lyle Lovett on my list-those sre interesting faces!

(But I would put the staggering beauty of Oded Fehr on top-yum!)

“Eve (also on SD Most Beautiful list)”

—[blushes prettily] “Why, NEMO!”

Apolo Ohno is probably close to the ugliest person alive. If we’re to judge him on his looks alone, he wouldn’t be in the top 300.

Were’s Goran Vsjinic of ER fame?

And of COURSE…WHERE IS TILL

Josh and Luke UGLY?? Nacho4Sara, don’t make me come over there, now. Them biys is fine! And, while I wouldn’t call Jimmy Fallon beautiful, exactly, I wouldn’t throw him out of bed, either.

How the hell did Apollo Ohno get on there? The dude is NOT good-looking.

People also left out Owen Wilson and Wes Bentley, who are both drop dead gorgeous!

Hmm, no Liv Tyler,Kathrine Heigl, JLH And Her Twins on Maxim? And I’d be interested in knowing how those 50 Most Beautiful People get picked…heh, the people’s People my butt

I’d choose Tamara Mello as well, she’s doomed to be the best friend and she’s very pretty in my book.

Bring it on, baby. Josh might be attractive if not for the fact that he never fully evolved from the apes. I wouldn’t get within ten feet of Luke for fear he’d slice me with those jawbones.

As for the Maxim list, I’m guessing the names I don’t recognize belong to Playmates, Hooters waitresses, and Penthouse models. Based on my interpretation of that list, it seems that one must not possess huge (or real) tits & ass to make the list; one must be willing to show them as often as humanly possible.

BTW, Christina Aguilera? This Christina Aguilera? Suuuuure. Great decision, guys.

No Stacey Williams? Stacey pretty.

#100 Victoria Silverstedt is a former Playboy centerfod. The other 99 make a buck as follows:

Actresses: Jennifer Garner, Kirsten Dunst, Tara Reid, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Monica Bellucci, Jolene Blalock, Leonor Varela, Eliza Dushku, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Brittany Murphy, Kelly Hu, Rosario Dawson, Asia Argento, Sofia Vergara, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Amanda Peet, Naomi Watts, Summer Altice, Leelee Sobieski, Jaime Pressly, Laura Harring, Shannyn Sossamon, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, Susan Ward, Carla Cugino, Ali Larter, Izabella Scorupco, Teri Polo, Mia Kirshner, Radha Mitchell, Gina Philip, Lauren German, Roselyn Sanchez, Laura Prepon, Gabrielle Union,
Eva Mendes, Drea de Matteo, Bridget Moynahan, Talisa Soto, Paula Garces, Scarlett Johansson, Chyler Leigh, Amanda Marcum, Erika Christensen, Brittany Daniel, Sarah Wynter, Katherine Towne, Elisabeth Roehm, Melissa Sagemiller, Amanda Detmer,
Monica Keena, January Jones, Elisha Cuthbert, Julie Benz, Monet Mazur, Sienna Guillory, Jennifer Gareis, Zhang Ziyi, Rose Byrne, Cameron Richardson, Kelly Brook, Chandra West

Singers: Beyonce Knowles, Christina Aquilera, Alicia Keys, Shakira, Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore, Samantha Mumba, Lil’ Kim, Kasey Chambers, Eve, Nelly Furtado, Pink, Claudette Ortiz

Models: Gisele Bundchen, Megan Ewing, Kim Smith, Kylie Bax, Gretha Cavazzoni, Molly Sims, Kate Groombridge, Josie Maran, Cindy Tayler, Veronica Kay, Sara Spraker, Sunny Mabrey, Saira Mohan, Desiree Dymond, Carla Campbell

Other: Brooke Burke (TV host), Jill Arrington(sports commentator), Aisha Tyler (TV host), Malia Jones (surfer), Sarah Silverman (comedian), Tina Fey (comedian), Jules Asner (TV host)

I’m not saying skinny=unattractive, because Lord knows that isn’t true, but some of these girls are so skinny that it’s unappealing. It’d be like going to bed with a famine victim.

That said, I think Scarlett Johansson is a cutie.

Eeeewwwwwww. My face hurts from cringing. She looked pretty horrible in the Moulin Rouge video too.

I vote for my wife first, then for Gail Gand cause she makes killer desserts, then for Robin Hartl cause she’s a homemaker. That is, she can build a house on the side of a hill in the middle of the woods in winter.

Where’s Tom Welling? Why, oh why, isn’t he on the list? Those eyes, that smile. . . I think I need to be alone for a moment.

And add me to the “Kirsten Dunst ain’t all that” camp. She looks like a Dum Dum lollipop – big round head on top of a too skinny body. I’ve got no problem with thin, but she looks like she’s taking it too far. Eat a cookie, kid.

Well, chalk me up for:
I find Kirsten Dunst and Sharon Osborne both to be absolutely gorgeous.
Both have stunning bone structure.
However, I have thought for years, whether or not I agreed with the choices, that the issue’s name should be changed to
“*The 50 Most Popular People This Year [sub]Some of Whom You May Find Attractive[/sub]”

This week’s issue of People Magazine: “50 Most Beautiful People”

Next week’s issue of People Magazine: “Why Do So Many Girls Have Body Issues?”

Hehe. That’s funny because it will probably happen.