500th Post

I know, I know, this is really mundane and pointless, but then this is the place isn’t it? So here goes:

Yay! This is my 500th post! I joined this board in April after hanging out on the AOL board for a few weeks.

Here’s a short history of my posting (if anyone cares):
[ul][li]First post: Atheism a religion?[/li][li]Longest thread: Prayer at Graduation[/li][li]Reason that I left in a fit without telling anyone: Don’t Indulge Next To Me, Please (can’t find it right now, maybe somebody would provide the link, just for kicks?)[/li][li]My return: Cessandra, That’s Me![/li][li]My best friend: Contestant#3[/ul][/li]
Two of my sigs:
[ul][li]Cave Canem. Beware the Dog.[/li][li]The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. – Henry David Thoreau[/ul][/li]
I don’t know why I feel like making such a big deal about this. But it’s fun.

Cessandra

Why sex is better than religion: There are laws against forcing sex on minors who can’t think for themselves.

And let me be the first to congradulate you

SterlingNorth
post #341

And I’ll be the second!
Congratulations!
Finally, someone else that has do do a damn 3 page essay on Thoreau… that is why you have the sig, right? :wink:
This is Post #251 for me… I wonder which one was #250

SanibelMan
“A wise man will not leave the right to the mercy of chance, nor wish it to prevail through the power of the majority. There is but little virtue in the action of masses of men.”
– Henry David Thoreau

Your first post was in my trolling-for-Atheists thread? And now you’ve hit 500! Oh, I’m so proud!

BTW, these posts are #1140 and #1141.
I feel like such an old fogey now.

Post #900, for me. No recap, if you haven’t been paying attention I’m not going to go back over it for you.

And you are a most welcome poster on here,Cess. :slight_smile: Also,probably the best looking poster(not counting the infamous Brian!of course).

Not to steal your thunder,but as orangecakes I am just posting like a furious little ferret! :smiley: I think I’ve gotten almost 400in about 5 weeks! Keep posting,Cess. When you get to 1,000,we’ll have a party for ya!

This is post number 573 for me. I had no idea it were so many !! And I completely missed the 500 mark, too…

Anyway, congrats eh :wink:

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

I just passed 1,500 posts - Where’s my damn party?

Congrats on your 500th!

Yer pal,
Satan

Sat,invite us down there and we’ll take care of the rest!

You’ve been here since April and you only have 500 posts? Wuss. :wink:

Seriously, congrats on the big five-double-O.

You’re a bright and funny member on this board. It’s fun reading your posts (My best friend: Contestant #3. Too funny).

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Congratulations, Cessandra!

For she’s a jolly good fellow, etc.

This is my 367th post, since September 2, incidentally. Has it really been two months? Wow…

Modest? You bet I’m modest! I am the queen of modesty!

I recently posted #100, and I’ve been here pretty much since the messageboard materialized. I have no idea how anyone can possibly spend enough time on this board to have written ten times as many posts as I have. . . and I can’t say it motivates me any. . .

eh, I’ll get there eventually.

“I’m just too much for human existence – I should be animated.”
–Wayne Knight

There’s this thread my pal Rich set up just for such celebrations: http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001161.html

Congratulations.

SanibelMan: No, he’s just one of my favourite historical figures. The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail is my fave play, and I really admire his convictions. However, other than the occasional interesting quote, I find his writings a bit dry.

orangecakes siad:

I won’t argue with that. :wink:

AuraSeer, Satan, Sealemon88, and others who are way ahead of me: This isn’t a contest. But I’m going to cathc up and beat all of you! :slight_smile:

Cessandra

Why sex is better than religion: There are laws against forcing sex on minors who can’t think for themselves.

Let me be the 14th to congratulate you, Cess. Always like your posts.

Thoreau was in jail and you admire his convictions. What was he convicted of, anyway? Oh, never mind. :slight_smile:

This space for rent.

Yay, Cessandra, go for 10000

:stuck_out_tongue: …Or 1000. But hey, if you can, try for 10000. Sorry, I barely awake.

Post #517,
Louie

Are not. :wink:

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.