[QUOTE=Lynn Bodoni]
My husband had to go to an Air Force training session when our daughter was a little over a year old, and I couldn’t go with him, so my daughter and I went to live with my parents for a while. My father is a sucker for little girls, and he would play with my daughter, read to her, and try to teach her new words and phrases. I can still hear him say “Say GODDAMMIT, Lisa. Say GODDAMMIT!” My mother and I were trying to stifle our giggles, but we did eventually get him to stop…he acknowledged that she’d probably pick up that particular phrase soon enough anyway.
At the age of 27, she doesn’t swear at all now.
[/QUOTE]
My cousin and I did that with our youngest cousin, Amanda, when she was about a year old. It was Christmas day and we were sitting there, “Say shit Amanda! Say shit! Now say fuck!”
My aunt just sat there and laughed.
I can’t imagine any six year old being traumatized by something like this-if I had seen it when I was six, that would have made my week! I’d have been giggling non-stop.
[QUOTE=jjimm]
They’re traditional Japanese tanuki (a kind of raccoon). The character of tanuki is a mischievous folk hero - and he appears in the Mario Brothers. He’s also famed for his huge kintama, or testicles.
They even make cuddly tanuki toys for kids, with large kintama on display - often containing bells.
[/QUOTE]
The mere concept of a Japanese raccoon with giant chiming bollocks is shaking my bedrock quite effectively, I find.
Just be very, very thankful it wasn’t a br**st. As we all know, it’s dangerous and irresponsible to expose children to one (or worse, a pair) of those.
[QUOTE=Guinastasia]
My cousin and I did that with our youngest cousin, Amanda, when she was about a year old. It was Christmas day and we were sitting there, “Say shit Amanda! Say shit! Now say fuck!”
My aunt just sat there and laughed.
I can’t imagine any six year old being traumatized by something like this-if I had seen it when I was six, that would have made my week! I’d have been giggling non-stop.
[/QUOTE]
me and my friend spent like a month making sure that her childs first word would be murder. swear words are so overdone. now every time she takes the kid round her parents she has to convince them that it is really saying mother.
[QUOTE=the chicken of exeter]
me and my friend spent like a month making sure that her childs first word would be murder. swear words are so overdone. now every time she takes the kid round her parents she has to convince them that it is really saying mother.
[/QUOTE]
Just last weekend, two of us were trying to teach a friend’s 3-year-old that it’s fund to crook your finger at people and say “Redrum! Redrum!” We’re hoping it sticks until preschool starts.
[QUOTE=Thudlow Boink]
How do we know “p***s” is meant to stand for “penis”? Aren’t we all jumping to conclusions here? :dubious:
[/QUOTE]
This whole thing makes me think of some Victorian-era scandal rag.
…ss I was saying to Mr. T------ B----, she was simply the baudiest tart on the East End. Miss V----- H----- was so randy that the mere sight of a man’s c---- and b---- would throw her into paroxysms of earthy delight…
So how did this guy ever have a child in the first place? Surely he didn’t actually let his wife touch his p***s. Never he would never do that.
Wait until his kid walks in on them in the middle of sex. He’ll wish penis was just a word. I bet they haven’t had sex since this happened.
Hell my kids (boy and a girl a year apart) ran around naked until they were both about ready to start school. Couldn’t keep clothes on them. My wife’s fault, she was practically a nudist herself.
They knew what was what from an early age. No trauma ensued.
[QUOTE=Little Nemo]
Technically it wasn’t necessary for her to touch his penis to get pregnant.
[/QUOTE]
So what you’re saying is maybe there’s more to tis guy’s anger than meets the eye.
Perhaps his best friend is also named Barney?
that makes more sense than the BS about the sign
[QUOTE=Little Nemo]
Technically it wasn’t necessary for her to touch his penis to get pregnant.
[/QUOTE]
He probably wears a nightshirt with a hole in it for this purpose.
[aside]
I once worked at a hotel. One day, a guest asked me for directions to a “nice resturant” that didn’t serve any kind of alcohol. “I just don’t want my children to see anyone drinking alcohol.” She was upset when I told her that she was limited to the fast-food chains or Bob Evans. Other than a dirty truck stop, there isn’t a single sit-down resturant in town which doesn’t serve wine and beer, let alone a “nice” one.
I was kind of perplexed about the whole thing. I can understand not wanting to take your kids to any place where people are rowdy, but how will they be harmed by seeing someone drinking a beer? Likely, they wouldn’t even know what was in the glass unless it was explained to them.
Allright guys…I know I’m easy to whoosh especially with pop culture and such.
But apparently there is a movie called “Matthew Barney’s Penis” that came out awhile back.
Something about these don’t seem quite right- is this a very subtle parody site?
[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. The letters to the editor of my local paper often look like something from the Onion, and those folks are serious.
But I took it upon myself to peruse some of the other sections of the site, especially those areas I thought would be ripe for humor if it was a parody site. The obituaries were respectful, the religious announcements were typical of what you would find any local paper, and the restaraunt reviews were straightforward.
So what we’ve got here is someone who actually afraid of the word “penis.”
[QUOTE=matt_mcl]
What bewilders me is how this fellow insists on writing “penis” with all asterisks, as though it were a vulgar word. It’s the Latin anatomical term! How does he refer to it? His special no-no naughty gentleman area?
[/QUOTE]
“The Body Part Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken !”
[QUOTE=eleanorigby]
There’s a market there, I swear! Triceratops have different needs than apatosaurs etc.
Don’t get me started on archeopterix…
you know of “Furries”?–well, this is a whole nother community that’s needs are not being served.
[/QUOTE]
In case you’re curious, dino and reptile furry fans are sometimes called “scaleys”.
[QUOTE=Miller]
Oh yeah? Then check this shit out!
[/QUOTE]
I was just thinking of that, seeing it mentioned just recently on another board.
[QUOTE=eleanorigby]
I would be so tempted to just go up to this man and start shouting “penis, penis, penis!” just to watch him blench and cringe.
[/QUOTE]
But you really need a chorus of six-year-olds to do that one right .