7 Jan 2021 and beyond - the aftermath of the storming of the Capitol

giulani has been disbarred over the election fraud claims. he can not practice law effective immediately in new york.

That’s fantastic news. Usually, that will trigger reciprocal action in any other state where’s he’s admitted (if any, I don’t recall).

he is suspended in dc right now. i believe he only had ny and dc.

Giuliani disbarred in NY as court finds he repeatedly lied about Trump’s 2020 election loss (msn.com)

Proud Boy turns on his former compadres and receives probation for his actions on 1/6.

I’m thinking he should be watching his back for a long time.

Change his name, move, and leave no forwarding address.

U.S. begins dropping Jan. 6 obstruction charges against Proud Boys, others

The Supreme Court’s June ruling narrowing use of an obstruction charge for Jan. 6 defendants is leading to misdemeanor plea deals for some Capitol riot defendants.

https://wapo.st/4cI8vci

Gift link

Federal prosecutors have begun moving to drop charges accusing Jan. 6 defendants of obstructing Congress’s confirmation of the 2020 presidential election results, offering new plea deals after the Supreme Court last month restricted the government’s use of that count, according to court filings.

Some beneficiaries include members of the extremist Oath Keepers and Proud Boys who are not accused of other felony offenses, but whose leaders were convicted of conspiring to use force to oppose the peaceful transfer of presidential power from Donald Trump to Joe Biden.

Prosecutors are responding to the Supreme Court’s June 28 decision that the Justice Department cannot broadly apply a federal statute that makes it a crime to corruptly obstruct or impede an official proceeding to Congress’s election certification session. The court ruled that the law applied only to impairing or destroying evidence such as records or documents.

As many as 259 Jan. 6 defendants who were convicted or awaiting trial on the count may seek to vacate their convictions, sentences or plea deals, although most of them might not benefit much because they are convicted of other felonies.

Things are unraveling.

…things fall apart; the center cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world…the best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity…and what rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches toward Bethlehem to be born?

No, it is just the Obstruction of Justice charges, which were kinda doubtful to start.

That was my impression as well, when I read the summaries of the majority and dissent in the Circuit Court, and looked at the text of the offence.