70s music video clips: a compendium of the cheesiest and greatest

I’ll start:

Come and Get Your Love - Redbone
Your turn

Tommy Seebach’s “Apache” is my …ummm… favorite? …example of 70’s excess.

Ooh, I always have to get in on these type of threads.

First, Heart performing, “Crazy On You.

Next, The Marshall Tucker Band performing, “Can’t You See.

Finally, Ruby Starr singing, “Maybe I’m Amazed.

I’ll leave it to each of you to decide which is great, and which is cheesy. Opinions very.

The David Bowie collection, specifically DJ, Look Back in Anger, and Boys Keep Swinging.

I really wanted to nominate Fashion and Ashes to Ashes, but I can’t because they’re from 1980. Whoops!

And of course there’s the best '70s Bowie video every made in another decade by somebody other than Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zV4pJ8MwM

Wow! I came in here to mention that too! It must be the best of the worst :slight_smile:

That Marshall Tucker clip is awesome, and almost entirely cheese free.

Here’s some more cheese (with special guest appearances by 70s icons Mike Douglas, Billie Jean King and Joe Namath!):

Go All the Way - Raspberries

Marshall Tucker = Good!

Try some lip sync’d Sonny and Cher.

Mudd - Tiger Feet.

Shows the 70s are the decade taste forgot - but I loved it anyway!

Heck, I like the Redbone and Heart links too.

Ummm, and Bowie too. I’m in trouble, right?

Cool Raspberries clip, even if Carmen’s voice was pretty rough at that point. I guess that’s what hitting the big-time will do to you. Everyone wants to hear you.

In truth, I thought ALL the clips I posted were great, rather than cheesy. I know some folks will feel differently about Ruby Starr’s performance.

“Can’t You See”, if not my favorite song of all-time, has to be in my top five. I seriously think you will not see a better Marshall Tucker concert performance anywhere. That concert tape is gold.

Heart just keeps on going, and I’d love to see them in whatever form they might be touring in now. I just love Ann and Nancy.

Man, that version of Apache. . .wow, I don’t have the words. My friends will be seeing that soon. :smiley:

This was posted here by a member who should remain nameless.

Uno Paloma Blanca

I think this version is worse though. Here

The best cheese is German cheese: Dschingis Khan

I Gotcha - Joe Tex (Preceded by some extra-cheesy Soul Train dancing, which is the best part of the clip.)

Love Hurts - Nazareth

Some clips can be great AND cheesy, you know.

Boney M - Rivers of Babylon. It speaks for itself.

Rivers of Babylon is one of the worst songs ever recorded. Nothing would get me to click on that link!

I still love that old Nazareth song.

& how bout some glam rock? I give you The Sweet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBDivsSe3k

Yo Yo - The Osmonds

and of course, no 70s compendium would be complete without some Pips:

Midnight Train to Georgia - Gladys Knight and the Pips

I have to thank the OP - I got started on a wonderful ride through some great videos. I found Steve Martin and Earl Scruggs on David Letterman with Foggy Mountain Breakdown, and a 7-yr old Ricky Skaggs pickin’ and a grinnin’… He was great.

I love some good ole Southern rock, but there ain’t much can beat some good ol’ bluegrass… 'cept some Humble Pie. :wink:

My contribution, and my first concert ever.

Even better.

September - Earth Wind and Fire

By the way, that video clip of The Sweet is some very fine cheese.