This thread was inspired by my finally being able to sit down and watch the video to Heart’s “These Dreams.” I actually liked this song once, even if Heart did make it during their 80s glam phase, but after seeing a video with:
- both sisters lip-synching the lyrics, even though only one is really singing the song;
- Nancy Wilson staring soulfully into the eyes of a plaster horse who appears nowhere else in the video;
- Nancy Wilson crawling on her hands and knees in sand, for no apparent reason and with no connection to any part of the song;
- 80s hair so big it defies belief;
- The backup band dressed in ridiculously cartoonish outfits and playing in the midst of what appear to be Greek columns;
- Lots and lots and lots of guys filing around in ninja costumes. Again, with no apparent connection to the rest of the song.
This video is so hideously bad I will never be able to listen to this song again without thinking about it. Anyone else had this experience?