A Bad Birthday

That sounds like the title of a Lemony Snicket book.

Today is my birthday. I was at my mother’s house, hanging out. I was vacuuming for her (she had a stroke a while back and just got out of the hospital) and she found me and asked me to talk to my step-father’s daughter. (I don’t really consider her a step-sister since we weren’t raised with each other, all being grown when our parents married). Anyway, it turns out that her husband had just had a massive heart attack and died a half hour later. He left behind his wife and three children, aged 15, 11 and 5. The 11 year old is autistic. Their finances are in pretty bad shape. I have no idea how this will be resolved. What a mess.

StG

OMG that is horrible. I hope you all find some comfort.

Happy birthday though, sorry it sucked.

Not exactly a fun way to spend a birthday but maybe your being their helped your mom and her step-daughter…and that is a gift.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :slight_smile:

:frowning:
I’ll be thinking good thoughts for you, StGermain.
When things do settle down, take time for you and do it up proper.
In the interim; Happy Birthday :slight_smile:

Wishing warm regards to you and your family.

And it may be a little late but I think you deserve a special

HHHHH AAAAA PPPPP PPPPP YYYYY

BBBBB IIIII RRRRR TTTTT HHHHH DDDDD AAAAA YYYYY

nonetheless.

That stinks.

Try to enjoy what you can anyway.

Happy Birthday!

I hope things work out for your step-sis and her kids.

StGermain I am so sorry to hear this news. Nothing that I can do will make it right, but know that you are in my thoughts.

Sending warm wishes for you and your loved ones.
Sending wishes of a better birthday.

Be well.

Damn. Hope things eventually work out for your step-sister. But you need to take another run at the birthday thing. Maybe wait a week or a month and then get a massage or go to the movies.

Good wishes for all of you.

So sorry to hear about your no good, very bad birthday, StG. I hope things improve.

Happy Birthday, anyway!

Every birthday deserves celebration, even if it is postponed for a few days. Sorry that this one has been rough on you. I hope that you will set aside a new day to enjoy from early morning until late night. Plan it ahead and fill it with fun things to do. Pamper yourself.

Make that day a very happy birthday this year!

Thanks, everyone for the sympathy. I do appreciate it. We had a dinner tonight adn things were somewhat better.

StG