A celebrity lurks!

[QUOTE=Sean Factotum]
A friend of mine interviewed him for a website, and said pretty much the same thing.
[/QUOTE]

The part at the very end of that interview where he wishes the interviewers nephew a happy birthday is just a damned nice thing to do.

[QUOTE=Chronos]
No, no, that nice Nigerian man is dead. You’re thinking of his financially-naïve widow (who therefore needs your help).
[/QUOTE]

Oh, who will help the Nigerian widow’s son!?

One of us! One of us! One of us! …

[QUOTE=MostlyClueless]
Excellent!

Bill & Ted guitar riff
[/QUOTE]

"We are not wor-- "

Wait a minute. This is the Dope we’re talking about here. Of course we’re worthy.

On a side note, I wonder if anyone has put a Weird Al example in that big-ass thread about *what if LOTR had been written by ??? *.

[QUOTE=Annie-Xmas]
Al, if you are reading this: You do realize that you can register and post for a month for free. And after that it’s only $14.95. We even have a thread if you need any help.
[/QUOTE]

Aw, I’ll sponsor ya, Al. It’ll be my way of saying thanks for all the fun I’ve had over the years singing “Another one Rides the Bus.” :slight_smile:

I saw you in Topeka, Al!!!

BEST. SHOW. EVER.

Al, I’m really sorry. I had a feeling this would happen. I sat on this for 5 days, but I had to be loyal to my fellow Dopers.

[QUOTE=Jayn_Newell]
So, I’m guessing this means he doesn’t live in an Amish paradise after all?
[/QUOTE]

Nah. There are a lot of white Amish people out there, but very few of them are what I’d call nerdy.

I love you, Al!

I have the hugest crush on Weird Al. sigh

Oh, and his daughter was born on my birthday :smiley:

Hey Al- I’m going to have Dr. Maloney do my laser eye surgery- I notice you were very pleased when he did your eyes!

[QUOTE=Chronos]
No, no, that nice Nigerian man is dead. You’re thinking of his financially-naïve widow (who therefore needs your help).
[/QUOTE]

…in spite of her being a barrister. Wow.

I hope he starts one thread, so I can say “Hi, OP Al!”

And somewhere, deep in Albuquerque, a man closes his browser, shuts down his computer, and runs out the door screaming, never to be heard from again.

The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota is one of my favorite songs! Hi, Al!!!

[QUOTE=badbadrubberpiggy]
Hi, Al!
[/QUOTE]

See, now it looked like you said ‘Hi, All’ and I wondered what rubber piggies had to do with Al’s psyche.

All we need now is a “Hi, Opal!” gag in a future Al song… :slight_smile:

Weird Al lurks?

EEE!!! I <3 Weird Al!

waves to Al

Please, people! Retain your dignity (if you remember what that is… :wink: )! Don’t descend into a frenzy of fanboy shout-outs! Think of the children!!! :smiley:

And wouldn’t it be a hoot if he had answered yes, he lurked once, for 20 minutes, in the 1960s… :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Nutty Bunny]
How’s this for timing…shortly after I read the thread, my husband mentioned that my brother (a DJ at KISS-FM in Cleveland) was going to have him in the studio this past Monday night. So I emailed my brother to see if he would ask him if he’s a member of the SDMB or if he at least lurks.
[/QUOTE]

Wait, your husband knew Al was going to be on your brother’s show before you did? They must be really close bros-in-law.

Hi Al!