A correct, but so very wrong, answer

I don’t drink coffee, so asking me if we had any would be less than useful.

My hubby has a wonderful outlook on things: happy wife, happy life. Works very well for us

LOL , are you posting on a different dope than the rest of us.

Declan

Yeah, you’d drive me nuts. I can’t see how you wouldn’t read a value judgment into that answer.

Person 1 : “are we out of coffee?”
Person 2: “I put it on the shopping list”

The implication is that Person 1 does the shopping and didn’t get it and thus it’s a failure on their part. Sure in this case, it IS :slight_smile: but if you put something on the list that someone else is going to use while going shopping, it’s nice to actually tell them verbally as well. It’s far easier to miss something on a list that you yourself did not put on it.

You have discovered the meaning of life; I thought I was the only one who knew. I’ve also come to believe that very few things actually matter and that most of the things that do matter don’t matter very much.

Understandable. You’re a prosecutor.

(Kidding! Kidding! Just jokes! :D)

I used to have big problems here.

Now, as a pirate looks at 40, I’m starting to understand.

Redemption song.
This is my,
Redemption song.

Remove gender from the OP.

Result?

You don’t mess with people before their first cup of coffee.

Doesn’t matter who shopped when, absence of coffee is a crisis.

(Of course, from the OP, I envisioned a woman with twin girls under a year, possibly colicy, definitely still nursing, so the ‘coffee window’ was narrowing with each breath …)

Honestly, it took me two read-throughs to get the joke. I thought she was cranky because he was reminding her about her turn to get the coffee.

Actually, there’s 3 girls, and they’re older than that (8,6,4), but she was going to be home with them all day while I’d be escaping to work, and she’s still recovering from shoulder surgery, so while your details are incorrect, the attitude you’re envisioning is spot on.

LHoD nailed my outlook pretty well. Why on earth would I want to start the morning with an argument? There were several other ways of answering that question that weren’t so confrontational. Some of you see that as tiptoeing, I see it as putting a small amount of effort into not being abrasive with the most important person in my life.

heh. I knew someone would say that, because of the GD thread going on right now. I mean purely in a domestic sense, of course.

Still, you do realize that whenever you and I meet, you’re getting an atomic wedgie, right?