A Death in the Family. (sad)

For those of you who remember, Nashiitashii’s mother was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer earlier this year. This evening she passed away, peacefully. Her decline was swift, and she did not have to bear many days in helplessness or suffering; this was all as she would have wished. Though she doesn’t feel up to posting about it, Nashiitashii wanted me to convey the news, and her heartfelt thanks to those here who have been so supportive to her the past few months.

Sorry to hear.

:frowning:

Thanks for posting this.

Nashiitashii all I can say is so sorry this had to happen. May your day grow brighter every time you think of her in the years to come.

Thanks for letting us know, Acid Lamp.

My heart goes out to Nashiitashii. It doesn’t matter how old anyone is, the death of a parent always comes as a particular blow. There’s no way to be ‘ready for it’, even when it’s expected.

Nashiitashii’s mom is finally released from pain is and is at peace. That’s a blessing; a rough one, but real. Nashiitashii can stop dreading. I wish her all the comfort, strength and healing possible.

I’m so very sorry. Please pass my sincerest condolences on.

Peace and strength to all of you.

My thoughts and prayers are with your families, Acid Lamp and Nashiitashii. My Mom passed away in June 2003, having been diagnosed in January with peritoneal cancer, stage 4.

I’m so very sorry - when I saw this post, I knew immediately what it meant, but part of me hoped that I was wrong anyways.

My thoughts are with you, **Nashiitashii **and the rest of her family. :frowning:

My condolences, Nashiitashii.

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Dangit. :frowning:

Sorry to hear it, Nashiitashii and Acid Lamp. We lost the kids’ granny this summer, also to cancer. Losing a mom is a pain like no other.

lights a candle

May peace an healing be upon your house.

i’m so sorry. may her memory be eternal.

Very sorry to hear this. Tell her we’re thinking of her.

I’m sorry.

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.:frowning:

I’m so sorry to read this. Good thoughts headed out to the whole family. Thanks for letting us know, Acid Lamp.

My condolences on your loss.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

I went and visited with my mother last week to have one more visit with her, and to say my goodbyes, as I knew she was passing soon. We had some good times when she was lucid, and for the first couple of days, she was still her old self when the morphine wasn’t kicking her butt. She even played the “I’m going to be a smartass” game with the hospice people when they came to visit, which is typical of my mother.

In her memory, we’re going to be urging family and friends to donate to a hospice organization in lieu of flowers. In time, I may feel up to trying to organize an event locally for Run to Remember if there is not one available. In the meantime, we’re just trying to figure out the minor details on her funerary services; because she wished to be cremated, we’ve got some time for conducting memorial services and getting her ashes back to her homeland.

I may not feel up to posting in the next few weeks, but trust that I will be around and will return to regular posting eventually. I just need some time to deal with my own loss. Thank you all for being so kind and supportive as I went through all of this.

{{{nashiitashii and family}}}

I’m sorry to hear of this, nashii.

I’m sorry for your loss.:frowning: