A direct quote from Giraffe's (mod) profile page:

I only put this up because of no response to a message to him a couple of days ago.

Now the rest of you can watch a Charter Member get banned.

And yea, I don’t have any friends yet but I’m not running for high office in the SDMB.

Is there a point to this?

I will be your friend. :slight_smile:

Apparently not.

Banned for what?

Spartydog, first of all, everyone knows I have no friends. This is not news. Second of all, if you want to bitch about me closing your thread and actually have me read it, I recommend either PM or email. I think the last time I looked at my profile was when I filled it out in 2000. Or, you can even start a Pit thread about it, since it’ll be about a mod action and not about Sarah Palin.

Incidentally, I didn’t forbid you from posting about Palin, I just don’t want you starting a new thread for each minor event. You’re welcome to start the “Spartydog hates Palin” thread, and post to it every time something happens.

Sparty has no friends because he puts periods instead of text, so we have to enter this worthless thread to read it instead of bypassing it with preview.

Giraffe has more friends then you’d imagine. He once ate a sandwich, and everybody hung on his every word.

Yea, if you’re going to roll around in the Pit you have to expect that there will be some dirt. This isn’t GQ, GD, CS or IMHO. Yes, we should be respectful to each other but shouldn’t every public figure be fair game? So some topics, to some people, are tedious but so what, it’s the Pit. He upbraided me in a way which I thought was unfair considering the nature of this particular board.

I posted a respectful disagreement to my upbraiding on his profile page. I thought he at least owed me an explanation or a polite response even if I don’t agree with it.

I’m a big boy. I can take it but I don’t just duck out.

I’ll behave. I have no axe to grind with anyone or any entity that posts or is involved with this board. Actually, I love the place.

Sorry, I don’t know that you don’t know that you have a profile page where people can post. In the future I will use PM, which is exactly what I thought I was doing.

Look, I’m not looking to make trouble. Please don’t say “every time”. My Palin post was 5 days after my last Palin post. I don’t know what the strict definition of a “zombie” thread is but in my mind when something gets past the third page it’s dead.

Peace? And I’m fine if you lock or delete this.

Actually, I’ve always thought it would be cool if vBulletin could be set up so that the OP could post one more time after a thread was locked. I actually don’t like having the final word when closing a thread, it doesn’t really seem fair. Especially since most people will just shrug it off rather than starting a new thread, even if they disagree with the closing or had additional information to provide about why they started it.

And sorry about being bitchy (I don’t remember what I said, but I assume it was bitchy since you called it an upbraiding) when I closed your thread. I seem to remember closing another fairly redundant Palin thread of yours not that long ago, so I imagine I assumed you were being a bit spammy about it, in your political exuberance. We’ve had a lot of political exuberance lately, and sometimes I get testy. Which is probably why I have no friends.

Awwwwwww—now Giraffe has a new friend!

I hope he likes late night phone calls and long letters about all the people who were mean to me in high school!

Spartydog, too. What a heartwarming thread.

A foot long, prehensile tongue? Doesn’t have friends? C’mon.

A foot long? You damn him with faint praise, sir! I believe the true measurement is 18". It’s not just his words that people can hang on, ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkyoudo.

This was all just a clever ploy to make us look at Giraffe’s profile and then add him as a friend, right?

Hey, bitches, get off Giraffe. We’re on the same list.

What are you talking about? Giraffe is friends with many. Most of them female (and sometimes male) pleasuring devices that resemble erections.

A lot of Mods don’t get time to answer- I presume they are so busy that they can’t answer every email or message. I say that in the context of querying why something has occurred. And I would except a few- Dex has always replied promptly and courteously as has Samclem the only time I have dealt with him.

And if you advise of things other than bitching about the board you can get a prompt response from Ed. (I have that printed and under my pillow).

If we had a new thread for every time the Great Whore of Babylon fucked up — not to mention her demon pimp — there wouldn’t be room for other threads.