A Game with no Name

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
HB2 could be Billy Bob roles?
[/QUOTE]
Huh…interesting…two out of three fit. But no, Scruloose got it right.

[QUOTE=Hal Briston]
Huh…interesting…two out of three fit. But no, Scruloose got it right.
[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I wasn’t sure of his game in Tombstone.

Ahh, I forgot about that role. But no, he was dealing Faro.

Unsolved sets as of this post:

HB1-1 Guinea Pig
HB1-2 Turtle
HB1-3 Duckling

HB3-1 Can’t Even Tell
HB3-2 Build Me Up Buttercup
HB3-3 Kick Some Ass

Scr2-1 Carousel
Scr2-2 Yard
Scr2-3 Tractor

T3-1) Nom
T3-2) Suet
T3-3) Sweden
T3-4) Hurts

Z4-1 Chickadee
Z4-2 Mockingbird
Z4-3 Eagle
Z4-4 Penguin
Z4-5 Flamingo

[QUOTE=Hal Briston]
Nice game…my contributions:

HB3-1 Can’t Even Tell
HB3-2 Build Me Up Buttercup
HB3-3 Kick Some Ass
[/QUOTE]
Kevin Smith videos?

[QUOTE=tdn]
Or quantum phenomena in general?
[/QUOTE]

Ehh … close enough. They’re physical theories. Quantum Field Theory, MagnetoHydroDynamics, and Quantum ChromoDynamics. MHD isn’t actually a quantum mechanical theory, but I’ll give it to you.

This is fun! Here’s some more:

Sr2-1: James
Sr2-2: Leonard
Sr2-3: Montgomery

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Z4-1 Chickadee
Z4-2 Mockingbird
Z4-3 Eagle
Z4-4 Penguin
Z4-5 Flamingo
[/QUOTE]
OK, I’ll say it, knowing full well that this will not be the correct answer: Birds.

A1-1 Michelle
A1-2 Amy
A1-3 Radiator

[QUOTE=Spatial Rift 47]
Ehh … close enough. They’re physical theories. Quantum Field Theory, MagnetoHydroDynamics, and Quantum ChromoDynamics. MHD isn’t actually a quantum mechanical theory, but I’ll give it to you.

This is fun! Here’s some more:

Sr2-1: James
Sr2-2: Leonard
Sr2-3: Montgomery
[/QUOTE]

Would that be Kirk, McCoy and Scott?

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
HB3-1 Can’t Even Tell
HB3-2 Build Me Up Buttercup
HB3-3 Kick Some Ass
[/QUOTE]

Lyrics from songs that were in movies that Sarah Silverman was in? I doubt it.

[QUOTE=Scruloose]
OK, I’ll say it, knowing full well that this will not be the correct answer: Birds.
[/QUOTE]

Quite so, but a bit more distinctive attribute associates them. Maybe more than one, but at least the one I was shooting for.

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Z4-1 Chickadee
Z4-2 Mockingbird
Z4-3 Eagle
Z4-4 Penguin
Z4-5 Flamingo
[/QUOTE]

Birds species in which the male tends the nest?

MM1: Power
MM2: Box
MM3: Free

[QUOTE=MonkeyMensch]
Birds species in which the male tends the nest?
[/QUOTE]

Not the collection I’m thinking of. Don’t know one way or the other about your grouping.

[QUOTE=Aioua]
A1-1 Michelle
A1-2 Amy
A1-3 Radiator
[/QUOTE]
Beings Fry’s done the nasty in the past-y or future present-y with and didn’t think him good snoo-snoo. (Futurama)

I was just extrapolating from penguins and eagles which I knew had that behavior. Onward.

[QUOTE=MonkeyMensch]
MM1: Power
MM2: Box
MM3: Free
[/QUOTE]

Lunches

JAG1.1 - Condor
JAG1.2 - Albatross
JAG1.3 - Eagle
JAG2.1 - UV
JAG2.2 - Polarizing
JAG2.3 - Warming

[QUOTE=JustAnotherGeek]
Lunches
[/QUOTE]
Can’t be. There’s no such thing as a… never mind. :wink:

Golf terms for under par scores?

[QUOTE=JustAnotherGeek]
JAG2.1 - UV
JAG2.2 - Polarizing
JAG2.3 - Warming
[/QUOTE]
Oh. Camera filters?

JAG2 is types of rays?

[QUOTE=Zeldar]
Maybe it has one, but I thought the title might be catchy enough to draw a few Game Dopers.

Here’s the idea:

  1. think of some category or grouping of stuff
  2. don’t name the category but give at least three examples of it
  3. announce it after somebody guesses it exactly the way you thought of it

Do as many groupings as you like per post, but label them so folks can refer to the group easily.

Example:

  1. Ziplok
  2. Hefty
  3. Glad

Category: Brands for storage bags (I would allow close approximations like Things to Store Food In)
[/QUOTE]

I think the name for this game is Tribond.

Sailboat