It’s my first post to the MMP. (yah, 'nother noob)
I’ve been reading the mumps for the last 2 weeks, but have only gotten to page 3 or 4 both times :so does that really count as only 1 week:? I have promised self to finish the threads but decided to jump on in and post!
Wow. I am so staying caught-up with this thread this week. I am feeling a much higher comfort-level here becuz of this, which is probably why I am finally posting. I truly enjoy this thread, and all you who post here!
BTW - :reaches into bottomless-vest-pocket[sup]TM[/sup]:
…“Here’s a selection of caffeinated (and non), as well as potable beverages; plenty O’ chocolate; as well as some meat and also sweet (pecan, blueberry, cherry & apple) PIE!
(including sugar-free for us diabetic, sugar-intolerant).”
[/QUOTE]
Welcome Hasty! See you were easy to nick. Jump on in anytime for any reason. You are now a Cool Kid! When Moooooom returns from vacation she will fling confetti with abandon.
[QUOTE=meeks]
**Noone Special ** as long as you continue to refer to me as a Murkin, I will continue to ignore you!
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Special1]
I have to say you’re not doing a very good job of ignoring me, so far…
I’d say “Good morning, Indian!” to you. But you might Sioux me… (rimshot, d&r)
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=meeks]
That’s not even worth a groan, it’s enough to puke over.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Special1]
Mission Accomplished…
[/QUOTE]
Alright, you two. Am I going to have to send you to your rooms without supper?
Hey everyone! Dotty, I’m sorry to hear you all are still knee-deep in it. Poor little Noor. Get better soon!
Did I tell you all about Antiques Roadshow? If so, it’s coming up soon! If not, well, Antiques Roadshow, the PBS program, is taping a show from Kentucky this summer. Being in marketing/communciations at the “host” PBS station means good old Ellen gets to work the thing. Actually, what we’ll be doing is mining the thousands of loyal viewers who’ll be standing in line for hours with their sexy-leg lamps, or whatever, for audience information and feedback on our marketing efforts. So, comfortable shoes here I come. The taping is July 28.
I’m in a rather sour mood. I had an argument with my ex-husband over the telephone last night. The good news is that I stood toe-to-toe with him. The bad news is, it was an argument and not a conversation. Not a lot of progress was made. And on the third hand, I’m terribly glad to not be married to him any longer. These difficult periods always serve as a renewed reminder of how grateful I am for my new, loving and permanent husband – although frankly, such gratitude is never far from my heart.
[QUOTE=HastySM]
BTW - :reaches into bottomless-vest-pocketTM:
…“Here’s a selection of caffeinated (and non), as well as potable beverages; plenty O’ chocolate; as well as some meat and also sweet (pecan, blueberry, cherry & apple) PIE!
(including sugar-free for us diabetic, sugar-intolerant).”
[/QUOTE]
Well, you fit right in! We didn’t even have to inform you of the [del]ritual sacrefices[/del] customary donations
It’s my first post to the MMP. (yah, 'nother noob)
I’ve been reading the mumps for the last 2 weeks, but have only gotten to page 3 or 4 both times :so does that really count as only 1 week:? I have promised self to finish the threads but decided to jump on in and post!
Wow. I am so staying caught-up with this thread this week. I am feeling a much higher comfort-level here becuz of this, which is probably why I am finally posting. I truly enjoy this thread, and all you who post here!
BTW - :reaches into bottomless-vest-pocket[sup]TM[/sup]:
…“Here’s a selection of caffeinated (and non), as well as potable beverages; plenty O’ chocolate; as well as some meat and also sweet (pecan, blueberry, cherry & apple) PIE!
(including sugar-free for us diabetic, sugar-intolerant).”
[/QUOTE]
I dub thee: Shorthand.
Actually, it’s just a quick suggestion. Welcome!
I never dubbed before, felt kind of nice. I might be dubbing all day.
[QUOTE=Noone Special]
(But you saw this coming from a mile out, dincha? You’d be disappointed if I didn’t latch on… Admit it already!)
[/QUOTE]
I admit nothing. At least not without a lawyer present
[QUOTE=BooFae]
Carry on like that, and you’ll end up in the same room as meeks and Special1 - then we’ll see who’s doing the dubbing!
[/QUOTE]
That room’s gonna awful crowded…
Posit without the firt T is how we often write it in Spain, to reflect how we pronounce it. And I think that given its actual meaning as a “real word”, it’s very appropiate for a Doper. Welcome, Posit!
Swampy, with a record like that, your mates are going to love you or hate you before your first paycheck I know many people who grumbled about safety goggles until the first time they saw projected chemicals, all of a sudden they would shudup. At least your projected chemicals were of the sticky kind, rather than the corrosive one!
Do you guys think Kissimee (did I spell that right?) might come from that? halo
One of the nasty nasty things that can be done to someone in Spanish is enviarlo al coño su madre or in the polite version enviarlo de vuelta al remitente. That’s, respectively, “to send him back into his mother’s netherparts” and “to send him back to sender.” There’s more variants, of course.
Oh lordy - please make it stop. I swear we have gone through 8 changes of clothes and at least 15 nappies/diapers today. Enough already!
Heya Postit! Welcome. Just ignore me and my sh*tfest. This may go on for another 3 or so days if the doctor is right (Please Og, NOOOOOOO!!!)
Wow swampy - that’s a really beery story! Sounds like fun!
Ellen and Sean - boo-sucks on the crap with the respective exes! I might even think that the actual crap I am dealing with is easier to handle than your figurative crap!
GAHHHHHHHHH! Why oh why do people send me these e-mails? You know, the “Ollie North warned Al Gore about Bin Laden” or “Clinton made Israel let Mohammed Atta free, and then he did 911” ones?
My neighbor, bless her demented soul sent me those today.
It was all I could do, that when I Snopes’d her (yes, it’s a verb now) to NOT hit 'reply to all"