A Perfectly Reasonable Amount of Schadenfreude about Things Happening to Trump & His Enablers (Part 1)

Trump world has gotten insane this morning. The Washington Post released an article which stated that none of the 200 million dollars raised by the Republican national committee went to defend trump, and that the RNC thought Giuliani and Ellis were morons.

Jenna Ellis publicly quit the Republican party last night because of this. More are expected to follow. People are pissed.

Article:

Ellis:

It’s going to be insane today because the two books that have been teased for the past few weeks, Michael Bender’s Frankly, We Did Win This Election and Michael Wolfe’s Landslide were both released today.

So I expect the hits to keep on coming. One thing I did find amusing (and dammit, I can’t find the story and don’t want to spend too much time looking, gotta get back to my new books) was after the RNC predictably slammed the Justin Riemer story as “Fake News”, it was Ellis and Guiliani that pushed back, calling them liars.

The new attempt to reverse Trumps deplatforming, Gettr (supposed to mean “get together” in new-'murrican, get it?) has allegedly over a Million users. And they got their data hacked and stolen.
I wonder if Mike Pompeo, Steve Bannon, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, Harlan Hill, Sean Parnell, the pro-Trump broadcaster Newsmax, who were also hacked together with so many others, did sign up with their real data. I doubt it, as telling the truth is not in caracter.

Oh man. I just don’t even know what to say.

Do you think Trump knows/remembers Brett was on an appeals court before him nominated him to SCOTUS?

Nope. He has no clue whatsoever, and neither does he care what the facts are.

Michael Wolff was on UK Channel 4 talking to Jon Snow (no, not that one) about the book. Asked about Trump’s frequently contradictory statements, Wolff said (and I’m going from imperfect memory here) that “Trump lives in the now. With Trump there is no past, no future - there is only the moment, and he says whatever suits his purpose for right now.”

Trump probably won’t even deny this. I bet he’s proud of it

Trump, along with then-first lady Melania Trump and their son, Barron, were all taken to the underground bunker for a period of time during the protests spurred by the police killing of George Floyd as protesters gathered outside the building. Bender writes in the book, titled "Frankly, We Did Win This Election: The Inside Story of How Trump Lost, that Trump, in the days following his time in the bunker, held a tense meeting with top military, law enforcement and West Wing advisers, in which he aired grievances over the leak.

“Trump boiled over about the bunker story as soon as they arrived and shouted at them to smoke out whoever had leaked it. It was the most upset some aides had ever seen the president,” Bender writes.

‘Whoever did that, they should be charged with treason!’ Trump yelled. ‘They should be executed!’" the book reads.

I’m guessing that Trump is referring to the time after Ford’s accusation went public. In trump’s feeble mind if he had dropped the nomination Kavanaugh would be ruined. Not a completely unreasonable assumption.

Which likely explains why Trump stuck with him. He figured that Kavanaugh would owe him and rule in his favor.

Presumably, he knows something.

Sounds like a circus freak show exhibit.

"Behold! A man with the brain of a goldfish. He walks, he talks, but he can remember nothing more than thirty seconds – not even something he himself has said!

I kind of love it when Trump does this. I shouldn’t, because it’s horrible and dangerous — one Trump supporter as already committed fatal violence on a judge ( the dude that killed Esther Sala’s son ) and delegitimizing.

But it also reminds me of that scene in Mel Brook’s The Producers where sleazy producer Max Bialystock slips the drama critic for the New York Times $100 with a wink before the play……in order to ensure a BAD review.

Judges really don’t like the appearance that they’ve been bought.

He doesn’t know nothing.

Neither does Guiliani. One of the stories in the Bender book is about him, (actually a LOT of the Bender book is about him) and how he thought he was a shoe-in for the high level job like Secretary of State….talk about delusion.

But that ended the first time Trump staffers attempted to interview him, asking him questions similar to those he might be fielding in the confirmation process. They asked him if he’d been to the Middle East in the past year. He said No. They asked him if he was sure. He said Yes.

Then they pulled out the newspaper coverage of a trip had had made to the Middle East less than two months previous, and only then did Rudy remember. And it wasn’t like he had any reason to cover it up……he just didn’t remember.

And another tidbit I didn’t know —— when Rudy was with the DOJ back in the 80’s , he started investigating Trump and The Trump Organization for money laundering, based on a credible tip. Then Trump donated 2 million dollars to his political campaign and the investigation went away.

I decided to read the Bender book before the Michael Wolfe one, sort of like having dinner before dessert.

Whenever I hear of these 'books;, I think of the West Wing Episode when they were discussing the fired WH photographer’s tell-all book and how he embellished what was true and made the rest of the shit up.

Not that I put anything past the Trump admin, and I mean anything, but I have absolutely no reason to believe the author of a tell-all is telling anything other than what will sell the book.

Will no one spare a thought for the hundreds of Trump fans who will buy these books, assuming from the titles that they are pro-Donald tomes?

(I say hundreds to avoid stretching credulity–even if millions of Trump fans believed the books were worshipful of Donald, only hundreds out of those millions would be interested in actually owning a book.

(And the hundreds who may well order the books by mistake won’t find out about their actual content until someone on Fox News breaks it to them, of course.)

I think that Trump is the living embodiment of solipsism. And I think he likes it that way.

I’ve always wondered whether and when Trump would openly and publicly call either Republican congresspeople and/or his Supreme Court appointments “his” bought-and-paid-for lackeys who jump when he says jump. Imagining the reactions by those he would be referring to warms my heart.

I hope it would include shame for whatever extent that it is true.

The Guardian is reporting on leaked Kremlin documents, which appear to be genuine, describing a meeting of Russia’s national security council in January 22, 2016, in which they committed to do all they could to get trump elected, in order to generate social turmoil and discord in the U.S.

It references kompromat that they have on him (though not the actual nature of the komprmat unfortunately-- there’s a reference to read the details in ‘appendix 5’, which was not available, sadly), and it includes an assessment of trump’s mental state, who they described as an “impulsive, mentally unstable and unbalanced individual who suffers from an inferiority complex”.

I don’t know if this news is best in this thread, but I would love to be a fly on the wall when trump finds out about this latest report, especially the mental evaluation stuff.